The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Was it really 6 years ago when Mourinho was Man Utd manager ! Blimey doesn’t seem like it was that long ago

D

Deleted member 15344

With Martinez and Varane, and Casemiro in front of them, not much gets through to De Gea.

They seem to have create the opportunity to either have a shot or throw in a cross etc but don’t seem to have taken it and instead pass it backwards or sideways - also seems to be no urgency , Utd look very comfortable on the edge of their box - it’s a final and Newcastle have just played within themselves nice and safely

Swango1980

Visit site
For all of Newcastles possession I’m not sure I have see De Gea make many saves ( missed the first 20 watching the rugby ) - Utd clinically with their chances
It's how Man Utd seem to play a lot at moment. Stay solid in defence, look to attack quickly. Certainly appears to be very little desire to hold onto the ball when we get it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not a great game, but it's been so long.
United have won the cup, well, a cup.
Ten Hag, what a turn around he has orchestrated after taking control of a shambles of a team.
Absolutely superb.
The man is just extraordinary!
Oh, and Casemiro, just magnificent.
And all this after United beat Barcelona less than three days ago!

D

Deleted member 15344

Think that might be a bit of kick for Newcastle - didn’t really turn up and Utd were comfortable in the end - closed the gap back to 2 behind us now 😁

Geordies will still have a good night tonight

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It may only be the Micky Mouse Cup, but this season has already surpassed my expectations. Especially after 2 games in.

Amazing how fans call it a Micky Mouse Cup, but the managers put out their strongest teams.
I still smile when I think back to when Tottenham beat Chelsea in 2008, Chelsea fans ringing TalkSport to say “it meant nothing” and “it’s a Micky mouse thing”. Funny how they had all their big hitters playing John Terry, Frank Lampard etc, etc 🤔

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Man U back four were really good today.
Martinez especially fantastic little player ( but first on the team sheet.) for me.
wan Bissaka also.
Newcastle we’re disappointing upfront but you have to give MU credit for snuffing them out.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
First and foremost congrats to Utd on winning and safe journey home for the fans to Surrey. 😉
commiserations to Newcastle. Again safe journey oop north.
However Ave got to say.
City have won that rammel trophy 6 times out of the last ten years. They are the second highest winners of that prestigious trophy. They have taken that Competition serious and yet fans from other clubs have said it is rammel when City won it. 😳😉
Now all of a sudden it is a Major trophy. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Ave had a little chuckle today. Remember the good old days when the big four were Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. My how two of the big four have fallen. Chuffed to bits that City, Spurs and Newcastle have helped to shake the top table up this season.
looking forward to next season already.