The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Confused here as well. We've long been told that putting your hand in a player's face is a red card, yet VAR intervenes to say it isn't. Does anyone know the rules anymore?
Just seems strange that VAR would see it as a clear and obvious error. It is why I think it was miscommunication, and VAR didn't realise the ref already gave red

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I appreciate Potter's job has not been simple, with loads of players coming in for big money. But, would it not be time for him to just try and pick a pretty consistent side, and see if that would help. I heard he has made over 70 changes to starting line up in 18 games. Not sure how you can expect the players to adapt to his style with so many changes.
Yes agree.
but a striker might help.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I want youse to win but that statement is ridiculous. 😂😂😂

I’m a Tottenham fan who’s been exiled in Geordie Land for over 30 years.
They ARE fantastic fans who breathe and live football. What other fans have taken over London for what is a relatively minor trophy.
Ironically it was Tottenham’s last back in 2008 over “The Pride of London” 😂😂. How ironic given the result at White Hart Lane today 😁

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They ARE fantastic fans who breathe and live football. What other fans have taken over London for what is a relatively minor trophy.
Ironically it was Tottenham’s last back in 2008 over “The Pride of London” 😂😂. How ironic given the result at White Hart Lane today 😁
I remember when City fans went to wembley for the first time in a couple of generations. City did a decent Job of takin over. Mind like the Newcastle fans now. We had 30 odd years to save up 😁 if Newcastle win there could be a few thick heads in the morning. Looking forward to the atmosphere at the game.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Boro fans in Trafalgar Square

1677426962433.jpeg

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Not doubting they are fantastic fans but you said they was the best in the country by miles. I think you have “gone native” 😁

Newcastle are the only top team within 100 miles in any direction so they are going to have a big support (I have family in West Cumbria who are big fans)

They have been starved of success for years so there is going to be a big exodus of fans for a final…In 2006 when West Ham played Liverpool in the FA cup final Cardiff was absolutely rammed with West Ham fans in the Friday. It happens.

Good luck to them and I hope they have a cracking time but let’s be realistic.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not doubting they are fantastic fans but you said they was the best in the country by miles. I think you have “gone native” 😁

Newcastle are the only top team within 100 miles in any direction so they are going to have a big support (I have family in West Cumbria who are big fans)

They have been starved of success for years so there is going to be a big exodus of fans for a final…In 2006 when West Ham played Liverpool in the FA cup final Cardiff was absolutely rammed with West Ham fans in the Friday. It happens.

Good luck to them and I hope they have a cracking time but let’s be realistic.

You make some valid points my “happy little hammer”, however you overlook some geography.
Sunderland is a city only 12 miles away, with catchment fans from Durham and surrounding areas.
Whilst there will be some fans from Cumbria, the majority of Cumbrians are Liverpool or Man United fans.
I moved up here in 1989 and went to St James’ Park before football became “fashionable”, I remember then when they were in the old Division 2 and they still had 16,000 Geordies there….and they were dyer.
Then maybe I’ve gone a bit native 😃

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
You make some valid points my “happy little hammer”, however you overlook some geography.
Sunderland is a city only 12 miles away, with catchment fans from Durham and surrounding areas.
Whilst there will be some fans from Cumbria, the majority of Cumbrians are Liverpool or Man United fans.
I moved up here in 1989 and went to St James’ Park before football became “fashionable”, I remember then when they were in the old Division 2 and they still had 16,000 Geordies there….and they were dyer.
Then maybe I’ve gone a bit native 😃

I did say “top team” 😬