The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Just think though that if City do get found guilty and they get all their trophies removed and given to the teams that came second or runners up

Spurs still wouldn’t have won anything 😁

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Look what happened to Glasgow Rangers...too big in Scotland for the most severe consequences?...well only just. Some would say that the most severe (and in some opinions the right, others the wrong) course of action would have been the new club starting in the top level beneath the Scottish league - instead the club new club was essentially relegated to it's bottom division. But pretty calamitous for the club nonetheless.

Of course in the global picture MC are a very different kettle of fish to Glasgow Rangers (though they are probably equivalent in the context of the very small Scottish picture)...but there could be a good number of very significant European, as well as English, clubs who might push for the most serious of sanctions to be applied,.

What sanctions did Rangers face?

Totally different scenario. They went bust, were liquidated, someone bought the assets, formed a new club, called them Rangers and applied for membership of the league. They were duly admitted to League 2. No sanctions there. You can't "relegate' a new club.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What sanctions did Rangers face?

Totally different scenario. They went bust, were liquidated, someone bought the assets, formed a new club, called them Rangers and applied for membership of the league. They were duly admitted to League 2. No sanctions there. You can't "relegate' a new club.
I did choose my words carefully around what should happen for a new club, and what actually happened to the new club in that it was essentially relegated - the important word there being 'essentially'. That the new club didn't actually exist in the league for it to be relegated - well quite.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just think though that if City do get found guilty and they get all their trophies removed and given to the teams that came second or runners up

City beat Rotherham 5-0 in the FA Cup 3rd round a few years, maybe that was the year we could have won our first major trophy!!!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
We managed to hold our own against a top 2 team who are in trouble with the League for financial issues - sound familiar? :LOL:

Those days are well behind us 🤣
I thought Sheff Utd were much the better team, played some nice football as opposed to your long ball game they just lacked a cutting edge. That Rathbone lad was very frustrating, kept trying too many silly first time passes when he had time to bring the ball down and pick something better.

D

Deleted member 1147

Good results for Burnley this weekend...beat Norwich 3 nill away, and then beat Arsenal 1 nil.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Give it a rest Phil. Some matters football based are above club rivalry.

I think you'll find Phil was just having a bit of mischievous laugh, I certainly found it amusing.