The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Along with most of the clubs in the Prem league, Not at all by a long shot.

But this is my grief, how much money have the Glaziers taken out of Utd and football.
How much have City put into football. How much have Chelsea put in this last half a season.
So you can take it out, but not put it in.🤔

As a football club you have FFP. But how is it fair? The clubs that complain. Did they ask where Citys money came from when City bought Walker, Sterling, Ake, Stones etc etc.

Look at the charges brought by UEFA, that bastion of transparency. Kicked out of the Champs league, yet reinstated with a meagre slap on the wrist once it had gone to CAS. Because of a time scale? But with the Premier league there is no time scale to charges going back over a decade. 🤔

So the premier league which was set up to give money money to the Premier league teams is now complaining there is to much underhand Money being spent. 😳 And yet City have players like Haaland, KDB and others that bring in sponsors to the Prem league.🤔😳

For me the Prem league and football along with VAR has been a bag of crap for the last few years. FIFA, UEFA, Infantino, VAR, Incompetent officials, Cheating footballers ETC bring nothing to the game I once loved.

FFP as Jim Royle says “ my arse”.

So guilty but its the rules fault not theres and how can anyone be guilty when the ruling bodies are so corrupt?

Which other clubs do you think are guilty and why? (apart from Chelsea obviously ;) )

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So guilty but its the rules fault not theres and how can anyone be guilty when the ruling bodies are so corrupt?

Which other clubs do you think are guilty and why? (apart from Chelsea obviously ;) )

Maybe the ones taking money out of football 👍

Pin-seeker

Visit site
If City are found guilty what is a realistic punishment?
No point going back & taking things like league titles & cups off them.
How far do you go?
What about teams that finished 5th & missed out on CL.
Imagine getting the open top bus out now because you’re being awarded a title from 10yr ago 🤷‍♂️.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe the ones taking money out of football 👍
Ok, lets look at it another way.
Football is a business.
If you or I buy a courier company that has a big price tag, with a fleet of good vans that is the envy of the competition, who's fault is it if you or I decide to let the van fleet age and become expensive to run and break down a lot letting our competition take our place, because you or I are taking out monies rather than invest in the new vans needed to maintain our position?
It's certainly not the competitions fault and isn't illegal.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
How far do you go?
Imagine getting the open top bus out now because you’re being awarded a title from 10yr ago 🤷‍♂️.
I'm sure John Terry would be ok with it

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
How far do you go?

Removing their names off the trophies should be the minimum action and any prize money won, should be repaid to the losers ìn the cup finals.

Tashyboy

Visit site
That only affects that 1 club, which the owners can do what they like...as they own it. It might not be pallatable, but the only club those owners are affecting is their own.

So if a club goes bust, which is the thought process of FFP “ protection”.Which other clubs does it affect 🤔

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if a club goes bust, which is the thought process of FFP “ protection”.Which other clubs does it affect 🤔
Perhaps the actions of your club are seen as a way to beat the system and cause clubs to overspend?

I would also argue that the owners of City don't give a monkeys about lower league clubs.

D

Deleted member 15344

Removing their names off the trophies should be the minimum action and any prize money won, should be repaid to the losers ìn the cup finals.
Certainly should have their trophies removed but the left blank for that year as opposed to giving them to second place etc

FFP is there to stop a club going bust - is there to stop clubs spending beyond their means

Tashyboy

Visit site
Ok, lets look at it another way.
Football is a business.
If you or I buy a courier company that has a big price tag, with a fleet of good vans that is the envy of the competition, who's fault is it if you or I decide to let the van fleet age and become expensive to run and break down a lot letting our competition take our place, because you or I are taking out monies rather than invest in the new vans needed to maintain our position?
It's certainly not the competitions fault and isn't illegal.
But City have kept their fleet of goods vans the envy of the competiition, they have not broken down And have invested in new 😉

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But City have kept their fleet of goods vans the envy of the competiition, they have not broken down And have invested in new 😉
They may have done, but they didn't pay for the signwriting, trackers, rent on the offices, servicing costs.

I accept there isn't a footy fan here who wouldn't have wanted the monies City have had (no matter what they may say) but they have done it in an underhand way and must now come clean. The longer they protest and don't accept it, the worse it looks and will be for them.

Tashyboy

Visit site
And which rules are they breaking? And whys that a problem to fans of other clubs?
Exactly it’s not, and if City go bust Why is that a problem to other fans. Because City spent to much money like clubs before them.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Exactly it’s not, and if City go bust Why is that a problem to other fans. Because City spent to much money like clubs before them.

Well it clearly is a problem to you (or an easy option to blame)

Tashyboy said:
"Along with most of the clubs in the Prem league, Not at all by a long shot.

But this is my grief, how much money have the Glaziers taken out of Utd and football."

So you claim more than half the premier league are breaking the rules but the only club you name is one who arent actually breaking the rules. Doesnt make any sense Tashy.

And other clubs fans arent that fussed about City going bust, but that theyve reputedly broken the rules, time after time with little regard to the other clubs and thats what most are bothered about

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Have you read the charges? It’s not all about what city have spent but how they accounted for sponsorship and other income and where it really came from