• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We have made wholesale changes but Areola is my preferred keeper

Aguard is getting back to fitness and will be first choice when fit

11 changes, let's see if they can be worse than the first team

you must fancy your chances, Blackburn got their reserves out too by the looks of it

fancy we'll be up against what looks a decent Brighton line up

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I just wish it was on TV , could be a good game

Glad it’s not ?

West Ham 0-1 Blackburn
Sky Sports’ Lewis Jones at The London Stadium:

"It's taken eight minutes for West Ham to have a touch in the Blackburn half - that's how dominant the Championship side have been. Slow starts have been a common theme of late for the Hammers. No change here.

"The away fans, which looks nearly sold out, belt out a rendition of: Premier League, you're having a laugh."

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Glad it’s not ?

West Ham 0-1 Blackburn

"It's taken eight minutes for West Ham to have a touch in the Blackburn half - that's how dominant the Championship side have been. Slow starts have been a common theme of late for the Hammers. No change here.

"The away fans, which looks nearly sold out, belt out a rendition of: Premier League, you're having a laugh."
Is it on any of the “dodgy“ channels?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Is it on any of the “dodgy“ channels?

Don't think it is mate. This is usually a good guide to who is showing what worldwide and as you will see there are no listings anywhere.. Hardly surprising no one is broadcasting many of the Mickey Mouse cup games (not just ours). Although I suppose you might get some bright spark doing a live You Tube stream from his mobile.
icon_e_wink.gif

https://www.livesoccertv.com/schedules/

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Why put on an all Premiership match as their main match ?

Winners of 7 of the last 10 finals.
History in the League Cup Final with Kepagate
Participants in the 2021 Champions League final

Not like there's anything in there for the Sky publicity machine to get its teeth into, or to sell the advertising.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad it’s not ?

West Ham 0-1 Blackburn

You were saying? 1-1

Skytot

Visit site
City v Chelsea was a good game . Ortega was the deference, some great saves and poor finishing from Chelsea. Grealish was superb tonight

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Borefest at St James Park last night. Big changes for both teams, a theme continuing, and it showed. The game only picked up in the last 15 minutes when the Toon brought their big boys on. Palace came for penalties and succeeded in that. Thankfully Pope then made excellent saves to knock them out, if you play for penalties from minute 1 then you don't deserve to go through. If you want a chuckle, YouTube Bruno's penalty ?. It's a good job the fans love him ?

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes me neither.
Think all the negative press about the hosts has overshadowed the build up.
Will watch England games but not many others.
I think there is definitely some truth in that.

When a World Cup comes along, it is not just about it being another football tournament. It is about embracing the culture of the hosts, whether you are going to the host country, or just watching on TV. My first experience of a World Cup growing up was Italia 90. Pavarotti and that Italian logo, and Italy was the theme running through all the coverage. USA 94, and all the American razzmatazz. South Africa and their culture (despite the awful vuvuzela). France, Japan/South Korea, Germany and Brazil (not sure what the feeling was around Russia, as that was dodgy, but I guess there is still a lot to learn about the culture of the biggest country in the world).

However, the culture in the Middle East has been at the forefront of the coverage leading up to the world cup. And, it is far from positive. Instead of embracing the culture of Qatar, we'll be dreading it, their terrible human rights record (I've no doubt there are very good people and things in Qatar btw, but the media will not be focusing on that, as it could be seen as brushing over the important issues related to human rights). Can't even get excited about the wonderful geography of the nation. It is basically a small desert (country is smaller than Northern Ireland) with the city of Doha on the east coast. I'm definitely ignorant of Qatar in many aspects, but I'd be surprised if the media are able to bring out some amazing cultural / geographical aspects of Qatar that help romanticise the World Cup.

It just feels like it will be dull. The 8 stadiums are generally bunched together. 7 are in Doha, and the other is in Al Khor which is about 35km north. "Tonight, we are live in Doha (again) to bring you coverage of...". There'll be huge excitement for games in Al Khor, at least they'll be in a different urban area next to the desert :)

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think the main reason that people aren't getting excited about the World Cup is the fact that their 'normal' domestic teams are still playing and they are still caught up in that. Normally, there is a break of a few weeks after the season in which the excitement builds. It has nothing to do with the country where it is being held (apart from the change of timing obviously!) I suspect that once the games get underway people will get more into it and forget that it is in a bad country with the stadiums close together