The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
probably not, not sure too many his age will going forward as club football becomes ever more important and they finally marginalise a lot of the non tournament international games

that or Arteta burns him our before hes 25 lol
Was he talking 100 caps, or 100 Premier League goals?

D

Deleted member 15344

There is legitimate income - ticket sales to the general public and TV revenue which is merit based. There is a grey area around player sales, but probably not too far off (They have a free run on most purchases because no one can compete with personal terms).

The remainder is paying themselves with their own money and calling it income. Its preposterous.
This is a good thread

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It doesn't really pass the smell test though does it?
They had a higher revenue than United? City don't sell out their home games.
They were involved in top viewed games? I was under the impression that the top 3 teams for average viewing figures were Liverpool, United and Spurs.
I note the figures regarding player sales specifically refer to player registrations with no mention of wages.

Now I don't that City are an exceptionally well run club with the finest administrators money can buy, considering their fan base, but the figures are exaggerated.

I attached a link, did you read it. I don’t think so.
So here’s another.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...-percentage/&usg=AOvVaw0q_PxqktKV40Q05ZoFj1yp
I don’t expect you to read that either. Now here’s the point, Not one club in the prem is sold out to 100% capacity with West Ham at the top of the pile at 99.9% and City at 96. Summat percent. But seriously what does the dont sell out comment actually mean. The top three average viewing figures is different from the top five viewed games from last season.
What exactly is the smell test though. Coz from where I sit I am smelling Chanel compared to the smell that the Glaziers have created over at old Trafford. A clubs owners that have taken millions and millions from the club where as City have put money into the game.

Tashyboy

Visit site
There is legitimate income - ticket sales to the general public and TV revenue which is merit based. There is a grey area around player sales, but probably not too far off (They have a free run on most purchases because no one can compete with personal terms).

The remainder is paying themselves with their own money and calling it income. Its preposterous.

So how does that equate to City getting players into the academy. It’s hilarious to read City have a free run on player. How comes Maguire went to Utd, coz City had a limit they would pay. So Maguire followed the money. Same when Sanchez went from Arsenal to Utd. The list goes on and on.Cucarella etc etc. what did Sancho go to Dortmund from City. Cox they would not be held to ransom. Oh Utd buying him gave City 15% of his fee.?

Tashyboy

Visit site
People forget things quickly in football. Sterling scored 31 goals in 2019/20 season. 25 and 23 in the seasons before that. Then they started rotating him out of the team more and the numbers dropped. He's not really done the business yet in a sort of transitional Chelsea side, but I still feel he's really underrated and there's a top player in him. His off the ball movement is his best attribute, which is easy to miss I guess.
Sterling on his day was world class, however I have lost count the amount of times my tyrets have kicked in watching him play. Sterling needs quality players around him to make him shine and there’s no doubt that Pep got the best out of him.He was looking stale in his last season at City and it was a good time for him to go. Grealish will settle into life at City in the same way Mahrez has done.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63535507
This is what Sterling does as a player, he divides opinion. My grief with Sterling at England level is Southgate. I do not know of one player that Southgate has brought on Inc Sterling.

Sterling at times for England…there’s a 2 v 1 with a player overlapping on the right, instead of taking the defender out of the game by playing in the man overlapping he decides to take on the defender himself and loses the ball. Rinse and repeat.
Did he do the same for City?
He’s the master of making the wrong decision, not sure if it’s ego or just a poor football brain.
I was harsh earlier, he’s a very good player, but a top notch player, not for me. In the above situation I’d expect Grealish to do the right thing 9 out of 10 times.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63535507
This is what Sterling does as a player, he divides opinion. My grief with Sterling at England level is Southgate. I do not know of one player that Southgate has brought on Inc Sterling.
Is it Southgates job to bring players on ?
Playing for England players should be the finished article imo.
Sterling is a very good footballer on his day.
But them days are few and far between, he’s a marmite player for me.

Tashyboy

Visit site
He was good for at least 50 of them. Still not sure why he went to pot almost overnight.
The rumour was.When Pep arrived at City Joe Hart had just played for England and requested a couple of weeks off when players returned from the summer. He returned and Pep told him he was not the ball playing keeper that his system of playing from the back required. At that point he was told he could go. Joe Hart has gone on record and told Pep he wanted a chance to show Pep he could play from the back. It never happened. At that same time Pep signed the calamitous Claudio Bravo from Barca who was there Number 2 keeper. Bravo could play out from the back but as a keeper for City he was atrocious. Let’s say a few City fans were royally bogged off swapping Bravo for Hart. Signing Ederson sorted out that. However his stats ( Bravo) as an international keeper for Chile are outstanding. Once Hart left City his career seemed to dip. Ironically when Hart was starting his career at City another young player who was pushing him was Kasper schmeical

Tashyboy

Visit site
Is it Southgates job to bring players on ?
Playing for England players should be the finished article imo.
Sterling is a very good footballer on his day.
But them days are few and far between, he’s a marmite player for me.

I don’t think it is but Southgate seems to play systems that players have never played at club level, yet expects players to pick it up. Sterling cannot. I remember Sterling talking about how Pep told him he was picking up the ball 30 yards to deep. He wanted him further up field. Sterling then asked Pep “ what do I do with the ball then”. “ whatever comes naturally” he said. And sometimes it just goes royally pear shaped due to wrong decisions. When Sane and Sterling were at City it was fantastic to see them two bombing down wings, balls going into boxes and Sterling or Sane coming in from the opposite wing and tapping it in, sometimes.?
His last game for City when he came on as a sub and put the ball in for Citys first showed what he was capable of.But it became few and far between

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve seen enough of him to see what he really is, he’s made Chelsea worse, I don’t think he’d improve Liverpool (then again ?), Spurs not sure, Arsenal maybe, Man Utd maybe. It’s probably better to ask their fans what they think, would they be happy signing him and starting every week?

As a United fan with our current issues up front .............................. no thanks.
And as for Sterling vs Saka, it's Saka all day long.