The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Whilst I'm not at all excited about the World Cup, I am really excited for there to be no Spurs games for a while. (y)

You're not alone.

As for the WC, regardless of where it is, it's not something i'm looking forward to.

I know a couple of lads who are going for 2 weeks, they go to every WC & Euros, they're doing a game everyday and a couple of days they're going to 2 games. They said its not been the same buzz as it usually is building upto it.

This could be a case of kicking the can further down the road.

The rest could do have a negative affect on the squad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're not alone.

As for the WC, regardless of where it is, it's not something i'm looking forward to.

I know a couple of lads who are going for 2 weeks, they go to every WC & Euros, they're doing a game everyday and a couple of days they're going to 2 games. They said its not been the same buzz as it usually is building upto it.

This could be a case of kicking the can further down the road.

The rest could do have a negative affect on the squad.
I think not being in summer and interrupting the actual season are the two factors really. Usually I associate the World Cup with beer gardens, not being cramped indoors watching it in a rainy November. And as the season is usually over you've kind of drawn a line under it completely so you're not thinking about club football at all - the World Cup acting as a 'bonus' football if you like.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think not being in summer and interrupting the actual season are the two factors really. Usually I associate the World Cup with beer gardens, not being cramped indoors watching it in a rainy November. And as the season is usually over you've kind of drawn a line under it completely so you're not thinking about club football at all - the World Cup acting as a 'bonus' football if you like.

I agree. The buzz of watching England get knocked out whilst sitting in a cramped cold indoors and not the beer garden will be a new experience ??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I agree. The buzz of watching England get knocked out whilst sitting in a cramped cold indoors and not the beer garden will be a new experience ??

Add to this that our first game is a Monday 1pm KO.... half the nation will be at work!

RichA

Visit site
This feels more like one of those friendly type tournaments where I might watch the odd game, if I've got nothing else going on.
Since 1978, I've binged as many World Cup games as I could squeeze in over the month it's been on. I can barely raise any enthusiasm at all for this one.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not long now before people start picking apart Southgates selections.
I will start
Please no TAA ? at RB

Ben White deservedly getting a squad place having been one of the 2 or 3 most in form English defender in the prem despite playing out of position. Unlikely to get any playing minutes despite pairing him and Saka on the right being highly logical