The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Has he?? He averages less tackles per game than Demarai Gray, less interceptions than Iwobi, and that's in an Everton team that are 16th in the league. I'm still not sure why Wolves willingly sent him to a relegation rival if he's that good.
They are 16th in the league, although only Arsenal, City and Newcastle have conceded less goals than Everton. I suspect Everton's problem is the attack, not the defence.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or hes playing in a far worse side than lets say, Dier, who plays for a CL side, who play 5 at the back, yet has conceded 4 less goals in a side playing 4 at the back

Every Everton fan Ive spoken to has been chuffed with him as a signing alongside Tarkowski
I actually thought Tarkowski had been the better of the two of them?

Ian_George

Visit site
Has he?? He averages less tackles per game than Demarai Gray, less interceptions than Iwobi, and that's in an Everton team that are 16th in the league. I'm still not sure why Wolves willingly sent him to a relegation rival if he's that good.
Not actually seen any of the games, but those stats could easily be because the opposition recognise his quality and discipline, so avoids attacking down his channel!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I actually thought Tarkowski had been the better of the two of them?

not seen enough of them play the pair are definitely an upgrade on what they had and their fans are more than happy with Coady. was always going to the WC as hes "good to have around" on all accounts

lets be honest he isnt the worst of the CH options selected, yes Harry Im looking at you!!!

Swango1980

Visit site
Not actually seen any of the games, but those stats could easily be because the opposition recognise his quality and discipline, so avoids attacking down his channel!
I also wonder if those stats are misleading, because it is not always defenders that come out on top in those areas. A lot of midfielders will probably make interceptions and tackles before the ball gets to the defence, and then maybe the full backs cut out a lot before it gets to the central guys.

D

Deleted member 1740

Maddison is in the squad and rightly so based on current form, despite being nowhere near it in previous years except for 1 35minute sub appearance.

I cant see where he fits in a typical Southgate system

I'll be surprised if he plays more than 90mins in the whole competition.