The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

One of the best 45 minutes of football I've seen this season. Utd were brilliant and Bruno looked back to his best. Rashford unplayable on the left taking people on and cutting inside - great to see him firing after a poor year or so. I think I even saw Martial pressing at one point :ROFLMAO:

His diving has never been missing?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Also huge respect to Man Utd getting 72,000 for a League Cup game and Villa for taking 7,500.

51,660 at Newcastle last night...the most ever for a League Cup match at St.James' Pk....surpassing the semi-final crowd v. Spurs in 1976.

Maybe the LC isn't as irrelevant a comp as some folks would have us believe?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
51,660 at Newcastle last night...the most ever for a League Cup match at St.James' Pk....surpassing the semi-final crowd v. Spurs in 1976.

Maybe the LC isn't as irrelevant a comp as some folks would have us believe?

Re Newcastle, it gave fans who usually can't get a ticket the chance to go to the match. My Facebook feed was full of people at the match, most of them never usually go.

D

Deleted member 29109

It's only Liverpoolphil. That clip was the sort of thing we see from nearly every team, but we only get a twitter video as he desperately watches United games to try and throw mud any chance he gets.

No. It’s pretty much everyone ?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
If my memory serves me right ST holders at Yernited have to commit to buying cup tickets to keep their ST’s.

True mate... no such thing as a league match book now, money grabbing so and so's!!! 72k out of 74k was about right. Few empty seats here and there as you'd expect in the Carabao.

Villa nullified UTD with the high line and players kept getting frustrated and caught offside. I wasn't surprised the game opened up in the 2nd half. Maguire and DVDB are awful, turning point was Garnacho and Eriksen coming on. The more you watch Eriksen the more you appreciate him as a quality footballer. Oh to have had him 7 years ago. I'm loving the thought of a Rashford, Martial, Garnacho front 3.

Good shift / passion again from all the utd players though. That's the biggest difference under ETH and that's what gets the fans onside.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Re Newcastle, it gave fans who usually can't get a ticket the chance to go to the match. My Facebook feed was full of people at the match, most of them never usually go.

Demonstrates significant demand over and above the current season ticket holders.

There will sadly come a day when the Cathedral on the Hill will no longer be fit for purpose. I personally hope they redevelop, a la Spurs, rather than move...there is no finer sight than to approach Newcastle from the south and seeing the stadium shining in the sun atop the rest of the city.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Demonstrates significant demand over and above the current season ticket holders.

There will sadly come a day when the Cathedral on the Hill will no longer be fit for purpose. I personally hope they redevelop, a la Spurs, rather than move...there is no finer sight than to approach Newcastle from the south and seeing the stadium shining in the sun atop the rest of the city.

Yes, you cannot get a match day ticket for love nor money, any spares sell out instantly. It’s like back to the Keegan days where they went from 18,000 a week to a full house overnight.
I’ve heard rumours of a new stadium somewhere near the town moor, I can’t think where else they could build one, the old Metro arena space maybe?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yes, you cannot get a match day ticket for love nor money, any spares sell out instantly. It’s like back to the Keegan days where they went from 18,000 a week to a full house overnight.
I’ve heard rumours of a new stadium somewhere near the town moor, I can’t think where else they could build one, the old Metro arena space maybe?

I suppose theres no stadiums nearby that are big enough to house Newcastle for a season if they planned to rebuild St. James' Park - so a new location might be the only asnwer

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suppose theres no stadiums nearby that are big enough to house Newcastle for a season if they planned to rebuild St. James' Park - so a new location might be the only asnwer

It is, there are listed building to one side of St James Park and there’s worries about extending another stand as the metro line runs directly below it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It is, there are listed building to one side of St James Park and there’s worries about extending another stand as the metro line runs directly below it.

Yeah, sounds complex. Theres part of Villa park thats listed too, really scuppers development to a point - but anything is possible with Newcastle money, you could totally rebuild the thing from the start, incorporating all the issues into the new plan - its just where you play in the mean time.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, sounds complex. Theres part of Villa park thats listed too, really scuppers development to a point - but anything is possible with Newcastle money, you could totally rebuild the thing from the start, incorporating all the issues into the new plan - its just where you play in the mean time.

I’m sure Gateshead Town would be happy with a ground share ?