The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad Bowen has missed out. His form this season has been a shadow of last year

Both him and Antonio's work rate has dropped for My liking. Too busy complaining about being fouled than picking up and trying to win ball back (which Bowen used to do)

Maybe will be kick up the butt for him that gets some form back.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks mostly predictable, almost as if the press have picked the squad :)

Only 1 left back, Maguire in despite barely playing, both the injured city players included, Maddison in despite being ignored for years

I agree he’s listening to the press
Unfortunately it looks like pretty much the same as the Euro’s
He’s got his favourites and I doubt he will stray too much from that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm glad Maddison is in - even though he won't get him on the pitch at any point I shouldn't think. I'm not sure how Tomori is behind Coady in the pecking order though, that is baffling. And I think Toney would have been more useful than Rashford, personally. White must be there as a back-up right back given James' injury. Gallagher getting in is a bit of a surprise - I'd probably have preferred Ward-Prowse.

Swango1980

Visit site
Wow that midfield looks lightweight, how many minutes has Kalvin Phillips played this season? ??
54 minutes roughly

He played for 1 minute in the PL, 1st game of the season against West Ham.

He played in 12 minutes of their first Champions League game, and came on in injury time in the second game.

Then he played 40 minutes last night in the EFL Cup

D

Deleted member 29109

I was a bit generous, he hasn't played for 54 minutes, apparently it is only 53 minutes.

Should be OK, he has Maguire behind him, who has played 421 minutes this season. Good to have that solid foundation behind him

I’d still play him before a few of the others in the squad

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'm glad Maddison is in - even though he won't get him on the pitch at any point I shouldn't think. I'm not sure how Tomori is behind Coady in the pecking order though, that is baffling. And I think Toney would have been more useful than Rashford, personally. White must be there as a back-up right back given James' injury. Gallagher getting in is a bit of a surprise - I'd probably have preferred Ward-Prowse.

Coady has been one of the best defenders in the prem this season. Deserves his place.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Coady has been one of the best defenders in the prem this season. Deserves his place.
Has he?? He averages less tackles per game than Demarai Gray, less interceptions than Iwobi, and that's in an Everton team that are 16th in the league. I'm still not sure why Wolves willingly sent him to a relegation rival if he's that good.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Has he?? He averages less tackles per game than Demarai Gray, less interceptions than Iwobi, and that's in an Everton team that are 16th in the league. I'm still not sure why Wolves willingly sent him to a relegation rival if he's that good.

Or hes playing in a far worse side than lets say, Dier, who plays for a CL side, who play 5 at the back, yet has conceded 4 less goals in a side playing 4 at the back

Every Everton fan Ive spoken to has been chuffed with him as a signing alongside Tarkowski