The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Show me where i've done so?

There's certainly no deflection from me, Nunez got what he deserved.

Calling out Andersens reaction isnt deflection or looking to defend, its stating the bloody obvious.

Wasnt aimed just at you, but claiming the reaction is worse than the headbutt falls into deflection for me

Swango1980

Visit site
Show me where i've done so?

There's certainly no deflection from me, Nunez got what he deserved.

Calling out Andersens reaction isnt deflection or looking to defend, its stating the bloody obvious.
You said

"Andersen stands firm and not falls the way he did i dont think any other ref gives a red"

I think most people would interpret that as you saying Nunez would not have got a red if Anderson had not gone down. In other words, Nunez is the victim of Andersons reaction.

Swango1980

Visit site
Nunez deserved a red no argument.
I remember Mitrovic at the weekend pushing a guy around with his head but the lad stayed on his feet. Nothing.
It’s the inconsistency from refs.
Anderson’s was simulation nothing else, if he can be knocked over with such little contact.

Think Nunez is in for a hard season from defenders trying this tactic.
Yeah, but I guess that is because that didn't fit the definition of a headbutt, so was not comparable. That was one when two footballers get so close their heads end up touching, and then they start pushing into each other. Often it is hard to see which one is being the bigger prat.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nunez - was suckered into it by Anderson doing what most CB’s do , pushing , pulling ,little niggly stuff and Nunez was getting wound up by it and he reacted

It was more chest to chest with the slightest touch using his head and it’s a red card , there is no justification for his reaction and he will get a 3 game ban for it

But the touch wasn’t enough to send Anderson sprawling around holding his face as if it was a full blown head butt but we have seen it happen all over the weekend

Anderson didn’t need to go down but it would have been a red card anyway for the lashing out

Not sure where Liverpool fans have made Nunez the victim because everyone has said he deserved the red card.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, but I guess that is because that didn't fit the definition of a headbutt, so was not comparable. That was one when two footballers get so close their heads end up touching, and then they start pushing into each other. Often it is hard to see which one is being the bigger prat.
Mitrovic hacked him down from behind ,no attempt for the ball.
When the lad got up he pushed him around with his head jammed in his face.
It’s quite obvious who the prat was.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
But the touch wasn’t enough to send Anderson sprawling around holding his face as if it was a full blown head butt but we have seen it happen all over the weekend

I don’t agree with this as well.
Getting nutted right on the button even with minimal force is enough to send some people to sleep. Yes it looks an overreaction from the player at first glance but to say it’s not enough to send him down is just wild speculation.

RichA

Visit site
Can’t agree
A headbutt has no place on any football pitch .
As Chrisd already mentioned every player in the premiership would have went down,wether or not from force or knowing it’s a red.
Ok he’s big and strong but so what.
Nunez needs to learn fast and I’m sure he will.
Title for Liverpool has gone pure and simple.
Overall they are just too weak in certain areas.
Midfield and RB for me.
Saha nearly had a 2nd as TAA was like a statue.
No chance of getting in the England squad ahead of James.
Too lightweight in midfield.
And Salah well,where’s the real Salah gone?
This is the bit that bothers me most. Even with my own team back in the Premier League for the first time in 23 years, I'm struggling to engage.
Commentators, pundits and fans defending a professional sportsman's "right to go down" following contact that would illicit nothing more than a passive aggressive tut if it happened in a supermarket aisle.
If Nunez had pirouetted to the ground holding his face after Anderson grabbed his shoulder from behind, then Palace might've been down to 10 players.
They're mostly worse than children and I can see why the officials have started letting stuff go and letting VAR review it afterwards.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not directly said it obviously but it’s quite clear some people think Nunez was the victim in this.
I don’t think I have seen that ?

I don’t agree with this as well.
Getting nutted right on the button even with minimal force is enough to send some people to sleep. Yes it looks an overreaction from the player at first glance but to say it’s not enough to send him down is just wild speculation.

He was rolling around the floor as if he had been shot

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the bit that bothers me most. Even with my own team back in the Premier League for the first time in 23 years, I'm struggling to engage.
Commentators, pundits and fans defending a professional sportsman's "right to go down" following contact that would illicit nothing more than a passive aggressive tut if it happened in a supermarket aisle.
If Nunez had pirouetted to the ground holding his face after Anderson grabbed his shoulder from behind, then Palace might've been down to 10 players.
They're mostly worse than children and I can see why the officials have started letting stuff go and letting VAR review it afterwards.
Problem doing that though is what happened with the hair pulling incident.
Ref does nothing.
VAR does nothing.
Spurs score from a corner they should not have had.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never been head butted so I’m not sure how I’d react, I don’t think I would just shrug it off though as is being suggested.
It’s a well known fact if you are genuinely hurt you keep still so you don’t make your injury worse.
If you are rolling around on the ground it might sting a bit but your not badly hurt.
Other medical opinions are avaliable ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are we going to criticise Nunez falling over easily too? Or the fact he had a swing and a miss and tried and failed to headbutt Anderson before the sending off incident.

This video is superb! It gives a real insight that Nunez needs to learn a lesson from, and quickly. Premier League defenders will shove you around and get under your skin. He's going to have to deal with it and not react like that. Anderson will be loving that video and probably playing it on repeat in the next Palace training session. :LOL: Good bit of old-school winding up the striker there, paid off perfectly.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting nutted right on the button even with minimal force is enough to send some people to sleep.

True but in this case he is fully conscious throughout, talking, using his right hand to pat his mouth+nose and his left hand to break his fall. He is fully aware of what he is doing.

It really is hilarious.

Red card for Nunez and Yellow for Anderson IMO.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think you have misinterpreted what I was saying. At no point was a defending Anderson's reaction or hailing him a hero. I was simply stating a fact. Nearly all players do it, so it shouldn't come as a suprise.

The main point of my argument was that regardless of Anderson, it was a red card. You seem to think not, bizarrely. You seem to think a red was given only because of Andersons reaction. I find it strange that fans come on here and criticise referees for various actions they don't agree with. Use statements like they are not fit to be a referee. Then, on the other hand, some fans clearly are not aware of the basic rules of football, and that a headbutt is a red card.

I've heard numerous reactions on this incident since it happened. To be honest, there hasn't been much reaction on Anderson's reaction. But, you are the only one that thinks it would only be a yellow if it wasn't for that reaction. Every single other person that has discussed it (that I have heard), including from the Liverpool corner, are in no doubt it was a red card.

The clip BiMGuy posted was interesting. It looks like Anderson absolutely bossed Nunez last night. I bet Vieira was delighted with him.

I'm not goin round in circles with you.

I wasn't surprised by Andersen's reaction, that doesnt make it acceptable or above criticism. You took umbridge because in my opinion the fall was worse than the headbutt.

That doesnt mean Nunez didnt deserve to be sent off.

My 1st post when i got home from the game was " Nunez' reaction to be being pushed was stupid, utter madness. Andersen's was even worse"

That isnt defending Nunez, likewise i'm not blaming Andersen.

It can, absolutely, be both though.

I seen it as it happened and i said to my lad "hes gone here". No qualms its the rules.

I said "supposing Andersen stood firm", thats a hypothetical point. Completely different from saying it shouldn't have been a red card.

To be clear my view is, Nunez deserved to be sent off.

Andersen's reaction was embarrassing.

RichA

Visit site
Problem doing that though is what happened with the hair pulling incident.
Ref does nothing.
VAR does nothing.
Spurs score from a corner they should not have had.
It's not a specific offence, therefore no worse than off the ball shirt-pulling (which the long haired dude was doing to the Spurs player). The outcome wasn't affected as the ball didn't reach them and it wasn't violent conduct.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never been head butted so I’m not sure how I’d react, I don’t think I would just shrug it off though as is being suggested.
That’s not a “ headbutt”
It’s a very mild coming together the chest of both players take most of the impact.!
I you have been the victim of a proper headbutt you won’t just be getting up and playing on.

Not excusing the intent but HEADBUTT not even close.