The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
In fairness if he couldn't see that he shouldn't be referring, he was literally staring right at the incident.
Well, he didn't see it and he is reffing. Fans say that nearly every week. Every ref misses something fans think they should see. Yet they are still deemed fit to ref the following week.

There were nearly 20 guys right in front of him. As the corner came in, the camera was aimed at the middle of the box. So, as a fan, I had pretty much the same view. Bit further away but arguably better as looking down at an angle. I didn't see it first time. Only when the player started complaining did I think.something might have happened, and it was clear as day on the replay.

Swango1980

Visit site
Dominated the game against a really tough, organised low block of 9 men behind the ball. Had a few good chances before we conceded.

Thought Fabinho was very poor in the build up for their goal, Eze sold him an easy dummy, he didnt need to get in that close or try and take him out. Eze was superb all game.

Sending off changed the game. Nunez' reaction to be being pushed was stupid, utter madness, Andersen's was even worse.

Notable mention to Tierney, he was determined to book the goalie but it was never going to be a second before 90mins, the worst PL ref by a margin, hes that bad i wouldnt wish him on Everton.
I get you didn't like Anderson's reaction, but to say it was a worse than the head butt is a very odd thing to say.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Klopp arm waving on the touchline
Stop it,it’s just antics for the crowd ?
I'm hoping you are going to keep this up for the whole season.

I stopped watching the game after the Zaha goal, attack v defence games are never good to watch. What level of arm waving and gurning did Viera do? He looks one of the calmer managers on the sidelines, how do Palace expect to survive?

D

Deleted member 1740

I get you didn't like Anderson's reaction, but to say it was a worse than the head butt is a very odd thing to say.

It was pathetic. For such a big unit like him to go down like Delboy falling through the bar and then to get back up with no medical attention i thought it was embarrassing bordering on cheating.

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm hoping you are going to keep this up for the whole season.

I stopped watching the game after the Zaha goal, attack v defence games are never good to watch. What level of arm waving and gurning did Viera do? He looks one of the calmer managers on the sidelines, how do Palace expect to survive?

I find it hilarious that only a few days ago PJ wanted to see ten Haag do exactly the same thing on the touchline ??‍♂️??

RichA

Visit site
I can’t belive hair pulling isn’t a foul!
If you pull someone back be it shirt ,shorts, foot ,hand ,arm or Hair it’s a foul.
It is a foul, but not specified as being any worse than pulling a shirt or an arm. He was pulling the other guys shirt at the same time that his hair was pulled so it's a 50/50 that he happens to have lost.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was pathetic. For such a big unit like him to go down like Delboy falling through the bar and then to get back up with no medical attention i thought it was embarrassing bordering on cheating.

Didn’t see the match but watching the clip it’s one of the best slapstick pratfalls I’ve ever seen. Buster Keaton couldn’t have dived any better. ?

RichA

Visit site
I think they should have either both got yellows or reds.
It looked like Anderson tried to provoke a reaction then staged his own massive overreaction.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, he didn't see it and he is reffing. Fans say that nearly every week. Every ref misses something fans think they should see. Yet they are still deemed fit to ref the following week.

There were nearly 20 guys right in front of him. As the corner came in, the camera was aimed at the middle of the box. So, as a fan, I had pretty much the same view. Bit further away but arguably better as looking down at an angle. I didn't see it first time. Only when the player started complaining did I think.something might have happened, and it was clear as day on the replay.

If he can't see that, then something is wrong, it's right on his eyeline, it's a shocker!!

Swango1980

Visit site
We already know virtually all footballers do the same thing. Nothing new.

What was even more absurd, for those that watched the analysis, that in the seconds before this happened, Nunez had shouted over to ref and was speaking to him, the ref being about 5 yards away. Then, with the referee interacting with him, he headbutted Anderson.

I'm predicting Nunez might end up being one of the dumbest footballers we have ever seen in the PL. Not being happy with how Anderson reacted is fair enough, but it shouldn't come as a suprise. The biggest joke was Nunez, who was a complete idiot.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I love this thread sometimes, some classic views.
Particularly like Zaha being called out for his bad finishing......after playing in a game where he finished a chance brilliantly , when in the same game Mo Salah misses a hatfull of chances along with his Liverpool team mates. You couldn't make it up.

Ps. Stu, yep Anderson over reacted, but your man has a lot to learn. He tried to nut him in the game earlier and missed. Maybe he needs to practise his heading...

D

Deleted member 1740

We already know virtually all footballers do the same thing. Nothing new.

What was even more absurd, for those that watched the analysis, that in the seconds before this happened, Nunez had shouted over to ref and was speaking to him, the ref being about 5 yards away. Then, with the referee interacting with him, he headbutted Anderson.

I'm predicting Nunez might end up being one of the dumbest footballers we have ever seen in the PL. Not being happy with how Anderson reacted is fair enough, but it shouldn't come as a suprise. The biggest joke was Nunez, who was a complete idiot.

That doesn't stop it from being worse.

Supposing Andersen stands firm from Nunez' reaction, it ends up with a yellow card each.

Nunez succumbed to the dark arts. He's going to face a lot more of that and he needs to be ready for it and learn quick.

D

Deleted member 1740

Particularly like Zaha being called out for his bad finishing......after playing in a game where he finished a chance brilliantly , when in the same game Mo Salah misses a hatfull of chances along with his Liverpool team mates. You couldn't make it up.

Ps. Stu, yep Anderson over reacted, but your man has a lot to learn. He tried to nut him in the game earlier and missed. Maybe he needs to practise his heading...

I agree and im sure he will. He was sold one by Andersen and his utter stupidity fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Andersen's reaction was worse imo.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Let's face it, cos it Liverpool it's our players fault, and he should have been sent off, for hitting the opponents forehead with his chin! (Twice)

D

Deleted member 1740

Whoooosh
Right over your head Stu
Don’t worry he’ll be gone soon

Keep up Tone, i gave you a like for your comment last night?

I'm not worried, whether he stays or goes we both know the heirachy will still make a mess of the next appointment??

D

Deleted member 1740

Let's face it, cos it Liverpool it's our players fault, and he should have been sent off, for hitting the opponents forehead with his chin! (Twice)

Oh here we go, i knew it wouldnt be long until this tripe got pedalled out, i'm just surprised its from you.

Nobody has suggested anything of the sort. As far as i can see, nobody has tried to defend Nunez.

That doesnt excuse Andersen's reaction.

Swango1980

Visit site
That doesn't stop it from being worse.

Supposing Andersen stands firm from Nunez' reaction, it ends up with a yellow card each.

Nunez succumbed to the dark arts. He's going to face a lot more of that and he needs to be ready for it and learn quick.
What do you mean a yellow card each? That indicates that YOU think it should only he a yellow card, and Anderson got him sent off?

Anderson stays on his feet or not, it it a red card all day long. It wasn't forehead to forehead. Nunez headbutted him. Clearly. And, unlike pulling hair, headbutting is an automatic red.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find it hilarious that only a few days ago PJ wanted to see ten Haag do exactly the same thing on the touchline ??‍♂️??
I think he wants Ten Haag to do the same.

As someone following a club with a long history of histrionic, failure, managers such as Paisley, Fagin, Dalglish, I am sure you agree that Conte, Simeone etc style antics on the sidelines are the way forwards.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sending off changed the game. Nunez' reaction to be being pushed was stupid, utter madness, Andersen's was even worse.

Come on Stu. Our players reaction to a head butt was worse than the offence itself! Not a single player in the PL who wouldn't have gone down after it, and it was Nunez's 2nd attempt to assault Anderssen. Nunez got himself sent off, not Anderssen!