The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Oh here we go, i knew it wouldnt be long until this tripe got pedalled out, i'm just surprised its from you.

Nobody has suggested anything of the sort. As far as i can see, nobody has tried to defend Nunez.

That doesnt excuse Andersen's reaction.

Come on Stu, always use an old joke if I can.

No one has tried to blame anyone but Nunez, but a lot are trying to lay some blame on the victim. I've seen Liverpool enough times live over the years to know that your lot would have reacted exactly in the same fashion, well maybe not Souness or Tommy Smith !

D

Deleted member 1740

Come on Stu. Our players reaction to a head butt was worse than the offence itself! Not a single player in the PL who wouldn't have gone down after it, and it was Nunez's 2nd attempt to assault Anderssen. Nunez got himself sent off, not Anderssen!

Yeah, it can be both.

Your post of "because its Liverpool" is utter tripe.

They'd been at it from the 1st minute, it was blatantly obvious Andersen had wound Nunez up throughout the game, loads of pushing/pulling off the ball etc.

I've got no issue with that at all. It's a part of the game and its upto the player and ref to deal with it. Nunez succumbed to Andersen's dark arts.

D

Deleted member 1740

Come on Stu, always use an old joke if I can.

No one has tried to blame anyone but Nunez, but a lot are trying to lay some blame on the victim. I've seen Liverpool enough times live over the years to know that your lot would have reacted exactly in the same fashion, well maybe not Souness or Tommy Smith !

Yes and i would absolutely call them out for it.

That doesnt justify Andersen's or anyone else's for that matter, reaction.

RichA

Visit site
Come on Stu. Our players reaction to a head butt was worse than the offence itself! Not a single player in the PL who wouldn't have gone down after it, and it was Nunez's 2nd attempt to assault Anderssen. Nunez got himself sent off, not Anderssen!
I'm non-partisan when it comes to these 2 teams, but I think Anderson's behaviour was worse from a human perspective, if probably not from an FA disciplinary one. It was about on a par with calling someone out for a straightener in the car park then going down after the first punch and calling the police. There were no innocent parties.

D

Deleted member 1740

What do you mean a yellow card each? That indicates that YOU think it should only he a yellow card, and Anderson got him sent off?

Anderson stays on his feet or not, it it a red card all day long. It wasn't forehead to forehead. Nunez headbutted him. Clearly. And, unlike pulling hair, headbutting is an automatic red.

In my book it was nothing more than a talking too?

They were at it from the 1st minute and Nunez stupidly fell for Andersens antics. That doesnt defend Nunez at all, by the same token it shouldnt mean Andersen's reaction should be ignored either.

If and its a hypothetical one, Andersen stands firm and not falls the way he did i dont think any other ref gives a red.

You dont think Andersen's reaction doesnt have a massive impact on the decision from the ref?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm non-partisan when it comes to these 2 teams, but I think Anderson's behaviour was worse from a human perspective, if probably not from an FA disciplinary one. It was about on a par with calling someone out for a straightener in the car park then going down after the first punch and calling the police. There were no innocent parties.
Can’t agree
A headbutt has no place on any football pitch .
As Chrisd already mentioned every player in the premiership would have went down,wether or not from force or knowing it’s a red.
Ok he’s big and strong but so what.
Nunez needs to learn fast and I’m sure he will.
Title for Liverpool has gone pure and simple.
Overall they are just too weak in certain areas.
Midfield and RB for me.
Saha nearly had a 2nd as TAA was like a statue.
No chance of getting in the England squad ahead of James.
Too lightweight in midfield.
And Salah well,where’s the real Salah gone?

Swango1980

Visit site
In my book it was nothing more than a talking too?

They were at it from the 1st minute and Nunez stupidly fell for Andersens antics. That doesnt defend Nunez at all, by the same token it shouldnt mean Andersen's reaction should be ignored either.

If and its a hypothetical one, Andersen stands firm and not falls the way he did i dont think any other ref gives a red.

You dont think Andersen's reaction doesnt have a massive impact on the decision from the ref?
Anderson's reaction MAY have swayed the immediate red from the onfield ref. But, I doubt it. Because, in the post match analysis, before Anderson had even started falling to ground, the ref already had blown his whistle and was going to his pocket. However, even if that had not been the case, the VAR would have definitely told him to review the incident. It was a headbutt. The rules of football are pretty clear on that, they do not use your book of rules. Of course, if Ronaldo had done exactly the same thing to VVD next week, I am positive that your book would have made it clear Ronaldo should be sent off with a long ban, regardless if VVD fell over or not.

Swango1980

Visit site
Can’t agree
A headbutt has no place on any football pitch .
As Chrisd already mentioned every player in the premiership would have went down,wether or not from force or knowing it’s a red.
Ok he’s big and strong but so what.
Nunez needs to learn fast and I’m sure he will.
Title for Liverpool has gone pure and simple.
Overall they are just too weak in certain areas.
Midfield and RB for me.
Saha nearly had a 2nd as TAA was like a statue.
No chance of getting in the England squad ahead of James.
Too lightweight in midfield.
And Salah well,where’s the real Salah gone?
I think an imposter came back after the African Cup of Nations. Did well against United since then I guess, but I mean, so does everyone.

I'm assuming you meant Zaha, although Saha would have fancied his chances in his day :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That doesn't stop it from being worse.

Supposing Andersen stands firm from Nunez' reaction, it ends up with a yellow card each.

Nunez succumbed to the dark arts. He's going to face a lot more of that and he needs to be ready for it and learn quick.

however Andersen reacts thats a red card from Nunez mate, utterly brainless especially having already tried and missed, too much deflection from the Liverpool fans trying to make Nunez the victim for me

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ave said this before and I will say it again. When Pep went to City, we battered teams with score lines I only ever dreamed of. The following season teams set up very defensively. A draw or even nicking a win was better than a 5-0 Defeat.
Liverpool are now at that stage. A lot of teams are going to sit back and try not to give Liverpool space like last night. It may be a season for Liverpool fans to be patient.
I mentioned the other day about footballers and there “ poohousery” last night was another example. What surprises me is with VAR Everything is seen. Are footballers still that thick.

D

Deleted member 1740

Anderson's reaction MAY have swayed the immediate red from the onfield ref. But, I doubt it. Because, in the post match analysis, before Anderson had even started falling to ground, the ref already had blown his whistle and was going to his pocket. However, even if that had not been the case, the VAR would have definitely told him to review the incident. It was a headbutt. The rules of football are pretty clear on that, they do not use your book of rules. Of course, if Ronaldo had done exactly the same thing to VVD next week, I am positive that your book would have made it clear Ronaldo should be sent off with a long ban, regardless if VVD fell over or not.

Look, i'm not going to change my mind on Andersens pathetic reaction. If you want to defend it with "We already know virtually all footballers do the same thing. Nothing new." then thats entirely upto you. I will call it as i see it.

I have previously and will in future absolutely call out any Liverpool player who reacts exactly the same as Andersen did.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nunez deserved a red no argument.
I remember Mitrovic at the weekend pushing a guy around with his head but the lad stayed on his feet. Nothing.
It’s the inconsistency from refs.
Anderson’s was simulation nothing else, if he can be knocked over with such little contact.

Think Nunez is in for a hard season from defenders trying this tactic.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
And it’s not ‘dark arts’ it’s just good defending.

Now everyone know how easy it is to wind the lad up, he’ll be getting it every game.

D

Deleted member 1740

however Andersen reacts thats a red card from Nunez mate, utterly brainless especially having already tried and missed, too much deflection from the Liverpool fans trying to make Nunez the victim for me

Show me where i've done so?

There's certainly no deflection from me, Nunez got what he deserved.

Calling out Andersens reaction isnt deflection or looking to defend, its stating the bloody obvious.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nunez deserved a red no argument.
I remember Mitrovic at the weekend pushing a guy around with his head but the lad stayed on his feet. Nothing.
It’s the inconsistency from refs.
Anderson’s was simulation nothing else, if he can be knocked over with such little contact.

Think Nunez is in for a hard season from defenders trying this tactic.
Surely coming from Portugal he must be used to defenders niggling away? Defenders over here are amateurs in comparison.

Swango1980

Visit site
Look, i'm not going to change my mind on Andersens pathetic reaction. If you want to defend it with "We already know virtually all footballers do the same thing. Nothing new." then thats entirely upto you. I will call it as i see it.

I have previously and will in future absolutely call out any Liverpool player who reacts exactly the same as Andersen did.
I think you have misinterpreted what I was saying. At no point was a defending Anderson's reaction or hailing him a hero. I was simply stating a fact. Nearly all players do it, so it shouldn't come as a suprise.

The main point of my argument was that regardless of Anderson, it was a red card. You seem to think not, bizarrely. You seem to think a red was given only because of Andersons reaction. I find it strange that fans come on here and criticise referees for various actions they don't agree with. Use statements like they are not fit to be a referee. Then, on the other hand, some fans clearly are not aware of the basic rules of football, and that a headbutt is a red card.

I've heard numerous reactions on this incident since it happened. To be honest, there hasn't been much reaction on Anderson's reaction. But, you are the only one that thinks it would only be a yellow if it wasn't for that reaction. Every single other person that has discussed it (that I have heard), including from the Liverpool corner, are in no doubt it was a red card.

The clip BiMGuy posted was interesting. It looks like Anderson absolutely bossed Nunez last night. I bet Vieira was delighted with him.