The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

True but in this case he is fully conscious throughout, talking, using his right hand to pat his mouth+nose and his left hand to break his fall. He is fully aware of what he is doing.

It really is hilarious.

Red card for Nunez and Yellow for Anderson IMO.

That sums it up - It was a red card for Nunez , even if Anderson didn’t go down then it would have been a yellow and upgraded to a red on VAR

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not a specific offence, therefore no worse than off the ball shirt-pulling (which the long haired dude was doing to the Spurs player). The outcome wasn't affected as the ball didn't reach them and it wasn't violent conduct.
Shirt pulling is an offence no matter where it is.
Some refs think it isn’t.
I disagree that is violent conduct imo.
We can’t all agree all the time.:)

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm not goin round in circles with you.

I wasn't surprised by Andersen's reaction, that doesnt make it acceptable or above criticism. You took umbridge because in my opinion the fall was worse than the headbutt.

That doesnt mean Nunez didnt deserve to be sent off.

My 1st post when i got home from the game was " Nunez' reaction to be being pushed was stupid, utter madness. Andersen's was even worse"

That isnt defending Nunez, likewise i'm not blaming Andersen.

It can, absolutely, be both though.

I seen it as it happened and i said to my lad "hes gone here". No qualms its the rules.

I said "supposing Andersen stood firm", thats a hypothetical point. Completely different from saying it shouldn't have been a red card.

To be clear my view is, Nunez deserved to be sent off.

Andersen's reaction was embarrassing.
If you thought it was definite red card regardless, then fair enough. I agree with you. However, when you said "Andersen stands firm and not falls the way he did i dont think any other ref gives a red" then I interpreted that as you saying it was nothing more than a yellow card without Anderson's reaction. Hopefully you can forgive me for that interpretation, as that is pretty much directly what you said. Unless you meant that virtually no ref would give a red, but you think they'd be mistaken in not giving it?

Before that comment, I simply said I was surprised you seemed to be more outraged by a player going down probably too easily rather than a player headbutting another player. Anderson has played a blinder last night. The entire game, not just that incident. He has bullied Nunez, and Nunez ultimately couldn't take it. It'll be interesting how he learns from it. There is no doubt that when he returns, the opposition defenders will be trying even harder to bully him. So he will have to start getting used to it, quickly.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it’s not even a headbutt now ?
The intention was there so yes any contact makes it a headbutt .
But I was trying to put it into context for you as you said “ you had never had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of a butt”
I have when I played and you don’t just get up and play on belive me!
Most stuff in the PL is handbags and simulation.
Nunez deserved red, no argument.

Swango1980

Visit site
That’s not a “ headbutt”
It’s a very mild coming together the chest of both players take most of the impact.!
I you have been the victim of a proper headbutt you won’t just be getting up and playing on.

Not excusing the intent but HEADBUTT not even close.
Wow? Not a headbutt!? I could have sworn the crown of Nunez's head was thrust into Anderson's face. Again, you are the only one of many that thinks this is NOT a headbutt that I have heard from. It pretty much fits the dictionary definition of headbutt. I didn't realise it didn't count if the chests also made contact, or it wasn't strong enough to cause bleeding, pain or a broken skull / jaw.

Swango1980

Visit site
The intention was there so yes any contact makes it a headbutt .
But I was trying to put it into context for you as you said “ you had never had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of a butt
I have when I played and you don’t just get up and play on belive me!
Most stuff in the PL is handbags and simulation.
Nunez deserved red, no argument.
That all depends on the success of the headbutt though. Someone could throw the most violent headbutt, but if you manage to move your head back at the right time, you can pretty much avoid most of the damage and pain. Same with a punch. On the other hand, someone could throw a much less violent headbutt, and it could knock you out stone cold if it hits you in the right spot and your movement does not deflect much of the impact. Same with a punch.

I mean, someone could throw the most violent headbutt ever known to man, but if the other person somehow manages to get out of the way of it, there will be zero pain and zero damage. That doesn't make it not a headbutt. It just means they missed :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow? Not a headbutt!? I could have sworn the crown of Nunez's head was thrust into Anderson's face. Again, you are the only one of many that thinks this is NOT a headbutt that I have heard from. It pretty much fits the dictionary definition of headbutt. I didn't realise it didn't count if the chests also made contact, or it wasn't strong enough to cause bleeding, pain or a broken skull / jaw.
See post above.
I was trying to explain a proper headbutt to Beezerk.
He made contact yes silly boy.
In football that’s a headbutt you are correct.
But most headbutts put you in A&E

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Let’s be honest most footballers now are pussies.
Everyone trying to get fellow professionals sent off for the slightest touch.
We’ve been here b4 many times,it’s pathetic and embarrassing.
Unfortunately players don’t get embarrassed about it and it’s why the game has become unbearable at times.
It’s also very hard for refs to referee,and when var turns a blind eye to these happenings it’s even more unbearable.
Football has been like it-for years now.

D

Deleted member 15344

What this does show is that people either can’t read or read something that isn’t there

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That all depends on the success of the headbutt though. Someone could throw the most violent headbutt, but if you manage to move your head back at the right time, you can pretty much avoid most of the damage and pain. Same with a punch. On the other hand, someone could throw a much less violent headbutt, and it could knock you out stone cold if it hits you in the right spot and your movement does not deflect much of the impact. Same with a punch.

I mean, someone could throw the most violent headbutt ever known to man, but if the other person somehow manages to get out of the way of it, there will be zero pain and zero damage. That doesn't make it not a headbutt. It just means they missed :)
Yes I may of worded it wrong but in most headbutts your chests don’t clash first.
I am not defending Nunez here.

Swango1980

Visit site
Let’s be honest most footballers now are pussies.
Everyone trying to get fellow professionals sent off for the slightest touch.
We’ve been here b4 many times,it’s pathetic and embarrassing.
Unfortunately players don’t get embarrassed about it and it’s why the game has become unbearable at times.
It’s also very hard for refs to referee,and when var turns a blind eye to these happenings it’s even more unbearable.
Football has been like it-for years now.
Is your real name Graeme Souness ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

If you thought it was definite red card regardless, then fair enough. I agree with you. However, when you said "Andersen stands firm and not falls the way he did i dont think any other ref gives a red" then I interpreted that as you saying it was nothing more than a yellow card without Anderson's reaction. Hopefully you can forgive me for that interpretation, as that is pretty much directly what you said. Unless you meant that virtually no ref would give a red, but you think they'd be mistaken in not giving it?

Before that comment, I simply said I was surprised you seemed to be more outraged by a player going down probably too easily rather than a player headbutting another player. Anderson has played a blinder last night. The entire game, not just that incident. He has bullied Nunez, and Nunez ultimately couldn't take it. It'll be interesting how he learns from it. There is no doubt that when he returns, the opposition defenders will be trying even harder to bully him. So he will have to start getting used to it, quickly.

You've ignored/removed the most important word before it in that sentence "supposing" .

When you read it as i've written it, it most definitely reads differently than how you've written it.

It was a hypothetical point.

Bearing in mind both Nunez and Andersen are big units, Andersen has bullied Nunez and Nunez couldnt take it (in your words) with that in mind i would expect Andersen to be a lot stronger giving what hes done for the previous 54 minutes.

It seems Andersen's reaction is acceptable and isn't worth discussing without being accused of defending/making Nunez the victim?‍♂️?‍♂️

Swango1980

Visit site
You've ignored/removed the most important word before it in that sentence "supposing" .

When you read it as i've written it, it most definitely reads differently than how you've written it.

It was a hypothetical point.

Bearing in mind both Nunez and Andersen are big units, Andersen has bullied Nunez and Nunez couldnt take it (in your words) with that in mind i would expect Andersen to be a lot stronger giving what hes done for the previous 54 minutes.

It seems Andersen's reaction is acceptable and isn't worth discussing without being accused of defending/making Nunez the victim?‍♂️?‍♂️
Your entire post, copied word for word, was:

"In my book it was nothing more than a talking too?

They were at it from the 1st minute and Nunez stupidly fell for Andersens antics. That doesnt defend Nunez at all, by the same token it shouldnt mean Andersen's reaction should be ignored either.

If and its a hypothetical one, Andersen stands firm and not falls the way he did i dont think any other ref gives a red.

You dont think Andersen's reaction doesnt have a massive impact on the decision from the ref? "

I must be blind as a bat, but I really have no idea what you are referring to now. Huge communication break down, or is this an elaborate way of digging yourself out of a hole!? Where does your post say "supposing"? When I have quoted you, I have ensured each time I copied and pasted, rather than paraphrase what you said.

RichA

Visit site
Shirt pulling is an offence no matter where it is.
Some refs think it isn’t.
I disagree that is violent conduct imo.
We can’t all agree all the time.:)
I know. I was equating hair-pulling to it and pointing out that, while an offence, if it happens between 2 players whose antics didn't affect the immediate build up to a goal then VAR had no reason within the laws to draw attention to it.
I'm already struggling to enjoy premier league football. If hair-pulling becomes a specific offence then I may have to stop watching altogether. A better law would be a requirement for players with long hair to tie it in a bun or wear a hair net, like if they worked in a factory or a kitchen.
For what it's worth, I agree with everything you've said about head-butts. Footballers pressing their heads towards each other aren't fighting - they're behaving like beta-male dogs that are desperate to avoid a fight while pretending they're top dog.
I'm not going down the Souness route - rather I wish they'd just play football a bit more like the women managed to over the summer.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know. I was equating hair-pulling to it and pointing out that, while an offence, if it happens between 2 players whose antics didn't affect the immediate build up to a goal then VAR had no reason within the laws to draw attention to it.
I'm already struggling to enjoy premier league football. If hair-pulling becomes a specific offence then I may have to stop watching altogether. A better law would be a requirement for players with long hair to tie it in a bun or wear a hair net, like if they worked in a factory or a kitchen.
For what it's worth, I agree with everything you've said about head-butts. Footballers pressing their heads towards each other aren't fighting - they're behaving like beta-male dogs that are desperate to avoid a fight while pretending they're top dog.
I'm not going down the Souness route - rather I wish they'd just play football a bit more like the women managed to over the summer.
Yes can you imagine the stick he would get if he lined up in a hair net.
Alright Hilda ( for you who are old enough).