The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guess it will depend on how much revenue the club or ladies side is bringing in

The tickets shouldn’t be silly pricing anyway but no idea on the level of wages the ladies are on
At Newcastle you can get an adult season ticket for £54, standing, £70 seated. £10 for a junior, standing, £20 sat. That covers all league games. That isn't generating much income for professional teams.

Chelsea home games, adult prices are £10-20, kids were £5-10. Again, that isn't covering costs, it can't be. I'd imagine Chelsea probably charge more than any other team.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
At Newcastle you can get an adult season ticket for £54, standing, £70 seated. £10 for a junior, standing, £20 sat. That covers all league games. That isn't generating much income for professional teams.

The Chelsea v arsenal game, adult prices were £10-20, kids were £5-10. Again, that isn't covering costs, it can't be. I'd imagine Chelsea probably charge more than any other team.
Blimey that isn’t much at all

Looking at various reports

Man Utd have the most revenues around £8mil ?!?

Each clubs wage bill is over 75% of the clubs income and every club makes a loss

Some get funding into the income from the parent club

Media deals aren’t great at all for them

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s tough to see anyone above him

Days gone by there was

Banks , Yashin , Zoff

Then recently

Casillas , Neuer ,

Would have Buffon above them though
Casillas wasn’t actually that great a keeper. A typical Madridista that flattered to deceive.

Canizares was a better keeper but his big issue was he was just absolute bonkers. A total liability not for goal keeping but for temperament.

Valdez was also a better keeper for me but let his mouth get him expelled from the RFEF really early in his career due to his (along with Oleguer) Catalan separatist views.