The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing well going forward need to take their chances
Looking to take positives, we have actually been better going forwards in most of our games this season. Certainly more creative than previous years. Scoring is still a big issue, and the reality of football is that goals are everything. Goals have to come or we will stay near the bottom, that's the brutal truth.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Thanks, but should've won comfortably.
Their 'keeper getting MoM just about sums it up.
I thought United played pretty well.
Four goals better than last season's game, I'll take that as progress. (y)

Lots of positives, especially first half. A lot less laboured, and seems that some confidence is returning. But not clinical enough.

Thought de Ligt was outstanding.

Swango1980

Visit site
Disappointing not to win, but generally nothing too horrific, and some decent stuff.

Missed about 20 mins early second half, as some incredibly drunk Norwegian decided to chat to me, whilst invading my personal space. Saw Onana's double save and Eze's miss in my peripheral vision

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What made the save so good, most notably the second part of it, was the speed with which Raya got himself off the deck to make that second element of it even possible.

Anyone who has ever played in goal will tell you the athleticism required to be able to even give yourself the chance of making the second save is absolutely unbelievable.

Sure, the poor penalty and less than impressive second attempt gave Raya the opportunity to make the stop, but without an exceptional degree of athleticism it wasn’t happening.

Great goalkeeping. Not the best ever, not even close. But great goalkeeping all the same.
I think the defenders would have been even happier with the second save as they should have been there.
The odd thing is if Raya goes the wrong way for the penalty, it’s usually a b

Swango1980

Visit site