The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think I heard on soccer Saturday that it wasn't a red card offence and so could not be reviewed. It would have been a yellow and a free kick.
If a goalkeeper delibaretly handles the ball outside the box it’s a red card, always has been as far as I know.

And it was deliberate.!

MOTD never even mentioned it or the Martinez tackle.

Red devil

Visit site
Looking to take positives, we have actually been better going forwards in most of our games this season. Certainly more creative than previous years. Scoring is still a big issue, and the reality of football is that goals are everything. Goals have to come or we will stay near the bottom, that's the brutal truth.
Our kid's the Evertonian so they're like my 2nd team.
He always says Calvert Lewin struggles when he has time to think. One on one's against the keeper eg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If a goalkeeper delibaretly handles the ball outside the box it’s a red card, always has been as far as I know.

And it was deliberate.!

MOTD never even mentioned it or the Martinez tackle.
Plenty of defenders back there, not preventing an obvious goalscoring opportunity. It isn't an automatic red. Annoyingly for Brentford, it would have been a great position for a free kick but VAR couldn't intervene. I think everyone in the ground bar the ref and his assistant saw it 🤷‍♂️

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Watching Fulham on MoTD and I’m still surprised that Arsenal let both Smith Rowe and Nelson go - Smith Rowe would be perfect right now filling in and rotating with Odegaard and Nelson would allow Arteta to not play Saka in every match

Forest Brighton game decent so far - Forest wide players the key , CHO is superb imo , clear pen , but Wood will be happy that was offside

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ll confess I haven’t watched many of Brighton’s home games and I’ve never been there. And perhaps I’m getting a false impression from the TV.

But the atmosphere seems incredibly flat there. Very little noise from the home fans, even before the goal. Is it always like that?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with Roy, keeper has gifted that. That's his side and he didn't even move. Poor.

Still a cracking strike. I wish more would make the priority a shot on target. 6" over gets an ooooo but it never goes in.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ll confess I haven’t watched many of Brighton’s home games and I’ve never been there. And perhaps I’m getting a false impression from the TV.

But the atmosphere seems incredibly flat there. Very little noise from the home fans, even before the goal. Is it always like that?
Mrs is a STH there, as are a few mates/other family. When it's bouncing it's absolutely fantastic - went for the european games last season etc. But very much full of people who think creating atmosphere is somebody else's job not their own. a few hundred having a singsong in the concourse before the game doesn't translate very well when it's only those doing the same in the stadium!