The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Whilst technically correct, no one is going to convince me that it is in footballs interest to have sendings off for this.
It's very much not in football's interest to allow players to perpetually delay restarts and stop breaks in play with professional fouls.
In balance I think that sending players off is the best thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Definitely one of the worst halves of football I've ever seen. If Arsenal win, Trossard might end up a hero, as his red has killed the game

Agreed. The Arsenal 5-4-0 formation is doing nothing to help generate a sporting spectacle for the neutral.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
City are poor, trying nothing different, get sopme defenders in the box drop off the midfielders. Put 1 man on the byline on each side, really wide, really pathetic from City

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
From the limited amount I've seen in the second half it has been a masterclass by Arsenal in killing a game. Something they haven't always had and it has cost them. City have an extra man but haven't played with enough pace or intent

Swango1980

Visit site
From the limited amount I've seen in the second half it has been a masterclass by Arsenal in killing a game. Something they haven't always had and it has cost them. City have an extra man but haven't played with enough pace or intent
If you have only seen 1 minute of action, just imagine that on a loop for an entire half