The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes we can, him and his team did nothing to even deserve a point in the second half, cheated and cheated and time wasted and certainly did not play any sort of football. Arsenal always used to be team you watchged and enjoyed, under Arteta I cannot stand them, horrible horrible team.

Fully agree. It's painful to watch when they start the play acting

Seen him roll an injured player back onto the pitch just to break up play

Was good to see rice sent off the other week for trying the dark arts .. so alien to him so he's terrible at it.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Not quite sure what point you're trying to make or how this stat is relevant.

It was very negative tactics from Arsenal 🤷‍♂️

Even Keane highlighted it - they had to find a way to get out and just stop allowing City to keep battering away

Whilst the whole dark arts issues that City were complaining about is at times amusing when City themselves have been fully involved over the years

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The second half reminded me so much of the City v QPR game at the end of 2011/12 when City pipped United to the title. The outcome, sadly, was almost as inevitable as it was that day.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
with hindsight, I’m glad I had somewhere to be at around 55 minutes into the Forest game today, it meant I missed all the drama. The headloss that I would have suffered surrounding the MGW challenge would have been nuclear.

Thoughts on reflection;

- we played VERY well for 40 mins of the 1st half, then two very preventable goals gave us 20-25 mins of unsteady football.

- Sels needs to be benched after his ridiculous positioning for Welbeck’s free kick.

- I’ve been saying it since last season, but Murillo is going all the way to the moon. Whoever wants him will need to bid upwards of £80m

- Although MGW challenge was maybe bit rash, he definitely got some of the ball, and Rob Jones is not fit to referee in the premier league. His track record is awful. Regardless of whether it should or shouldn’t have been a yellow by the letter of the law, the fact he’s clearly stated he got the ball, only to be convinced by Taylor that it should definitely be over turned and a yellow is baffling. Was all just a bit unnecessary!

Like I said, I’m glad I wasn’t able to watch live as it would have taken me ages to calm down 😂 I’m still only just calming down after Sels’ ridiculous attempt to save Welbeck’s free kick!

- Portuguese Jack Grealish and Sosa are looking to be really good signings. Have both looked really positive whenever they’ve had minutes.

- still can’t believe we robbed Newcastle for Elliot Anderson

- 4 points from Liverpool and Brighton away and still one of 4 teams unbeaten this season is absolutely incredible, so despite Rob Jones and Anthony Taylor’s best attempts at ruining the day, can’t be too unhappy with a draw at the Amex at all.

- hopefully we can start finding some home form against Fulham. Not having Gibbs-White available will be a massive blow, but we do have better depth to cover this season.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
with hindsight, I’m glad I had somewhere to be at around 55 minutes into the Forest game today, it meant I missed all the drama. The headloss that I would have suffered surrounding the MGW challenge would have been nuclear.

Thoughts on reflection;

- we played VERY well for 40 mins of the 1st half, then two very preventable goals gave us 20-25 mins of unsteady football.

- Sels needs to be benched after his ridiculous positioning for Welbeck’s free kick.

- I’ve been saying it since last season, but Murillo is going all the way to the moon. Whoever wants him will need to bid upwards of £80m

- Although MGW challenge was maybe bit rash, he definitely got some of the ball, and Rob Jones is not fit to referee in the premier league. His track record is awful. Regardless of whether it should or shouldn’t have been a yellow by the letter of the law, the fact he’s clearly stated he got the ball, only to be convinced by Taylor that it should definitely be over turned and a yellow is baffling. Was all just a bit unnecessary!

Like I said, I’m glad I wasn’t able to watch live as it would have taken me ages to calm down 😂 I’m still only just calming down after Sels’ ridiculous attempt to save Welbeck’s free kick!

- Portuguese Jack Grealish and Sosa are looking to be really good signings. Have both looked really positive whenever they’ve had minutes.

- still can’t believe we robbed Newcastle for Elliot Anderson

- 4 points from Liverpool and Brighton away and still one of 4 teams unbeaten this season is absolutely incredible, so despite Rob Jones and Anthony Taylor’s best attempts at ruining the day, can’t be too unhappy with a draw at the Amex at all.

- hopefully we can start finding some home form against Fulham. Not having Gibbs-White available will be a massive blow, but we do have better depth to cover this season.
Can guarantee you'll win next week. Over reached at home to Newcastle yesterday so we'll sit back next week and think we have it easy

Morfeen75

Visit site
It was very negative tactics from Arsenal 🤷‍♂️

Even Keane highlighted it - they had to find a way to get out and just stop allowing City to keep battering away

Whilst the whole dark arts issues that City were complaining about is at times amusing when City themselves have been fully involved over the years
They were 2-1 up, down to 10 men away to argubably the best side in world football, what did you expect?

As for Keane, i think he feels like he has to play up to the Parody of him.
City had so much of the ball but kept trying the same thing over and over again. I was surprised at how narrow they stayed. Arsenal's tactics were bob on, they almost worked but at least they never lost.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Yeah I’ve see it back now and it’s crazy. Jones just doing exactly what Taylor tells him to. You can even see Taylor telling him to red card Nuno as well.

Agree he’s not fit to be a ref and Taylor is an absolute snake.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They were 2-1 up, down to 10 men away to argubably the best side in world football, what did you expect?

As for Keane, i think he feels like he has to play up to the Parody of him.
City had so much of the ball but kept trying the same thing over and over again. I was surprised at how narrow they stayed. Arsenal's tactics were bob on, they almost worked but at least they never lost.
Hit the nail on the head here. The only real surprise was how deep Arsenal dropped can’t remember a side dropping that deep, and it was a terrible watch.

As for the Dark Arts, there’s not a team in the Premier League who wouldn’t have done exactly the same holding a lead and playing 45 mins a man down.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Yeah I’ve see it back now and it’s crazy. Jones just doing exactly what Taylor tells him to. You can even see Taylor telling him to red card Nuno as well.

Agree he’s not fit to be a ref and Taylor is an absolute snake.

It’s a tough one because linesman and 4th officials are there to help the guy in the middle

From the refs angle he prob thinks he got the ball cleanly but the 4th official may see it from a different angle

It’s a tackle that’s a lot of times going to be blown up now unfortunately because of the angle and force he goes in ( it’s a great tackle 5 years ago ) - once he has given the foul its a yellow

But imo it’s the same as the Trossard incident, you are on a yellow - don’t give the referee the chance to get the second one out