The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Having only seen half an hour of the second half, it confirmed what I have seen enough of this season. City are just not clicking and yet somehow sit top of the league. The middle of the park Is just lacking any creativity when KDB is not around.
On a positive Haaland scored in a big game. Something that he has been accused of not doing.
Re Arsenal, where do you start. The sending off. How thick can you be. Some of the shithousery in the second half was of another level. Kids all over the world have seen that and yet it’s now classed as acceptable.
For me Roy Keane hit the nail on the head. City were rammel and yet up until the 98th minute it was an “ excellent “ defensive display. I don’t think so. It may of been an fantastic finish to a game, but a bang average City team struggled to break down a team that took dark arts to another level.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having only seen half an hour of the second half, it confirmed what I have seen enough of this season. City are just not clicking and yet somehow sit top of the league. The middle of the park Is just lacking any creativity when KDB is not around.
On a positive Haaland scored in a big game. Something that he has been accused of not doing.
Re Arsenal, where do you start. The sending off. How thick can you be. Some of the shithousery in the second half was of another level. Kids all over the world have seen that and yet it’s now classed as acceptable.
For me Roy Keane hit the nail on the head. City were rammel and yet up until the 98th minute it was an “ excellent “ defensive display. I don’t think so. It may of been a fantastic finish to a game, but a bang average City team struggled to break down a team that took dark arts to another level.
Every team does this, the only difference was the time in the game that it started. Usually we have to wait a lot longer for it to start. The referee needs to get firmer with it as it is turning fans off

Tashyboy

Visit site
Every team does this, the only difference was the time in the game that it started. Usually we have to wait a lot longer for it to start. The referee needs to get firmer with it as it is turning fans off
The way that “ cramp” is now being used as an excuse to stop a game. Personally I would like to see players taken off the pitch and see a ream mate stretch there legs out for a minute whilst the game continues. That would cut out a lot of the time wasting. How a keeper gets cramp is beyond me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The way that “ cramp” is now being used as an excuse to stop a game. Personally I would like to see players taken off the pitch and see a ream mate stretch there legs out for a minute whilst the game continues. That would cut out a lot of the time wasting. How a keeper gets cramp is beyond me.
I think unless there is a clear and evident medical reason for not doing so, players should be told to leave the field for treatment. Otherwise don't let the trainers on. It will soon become evident who actually needs treatment and will stop keepers getting cramp if they have to go off

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What really got me yesterday was the ref waving play on and ignoring a player with ‘cramp’ but when the keeper failed to kick out the ball he then stopped play.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cramp, fake head injuries which the ref has to stop for......Ultimately it's down to the players and coaches. The PFA could speak to their members, they are cheating fellow members, the LMA could do the same. Managers and players are getting what they created.

I'd like to see the rugby approach. The physio comes on but play continues unless it's serious. Cramp isn't a serious injury.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Book the keeper for time wasting. Would soon stop it
The keeper wasn't time wasting - he tried to kick the ball out for a throw in to stop play but chose the furthest touchline to aim for and fell well short. Man City picked up the ball and tried to attack against 9 players when the referee then decided to stop play after originally waving play on.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The keeper wasn't time wasting - he tried to kick the ball out for a throw in to stop play but chose the furthest touchline to aim for and fell well short. Man City picked up the ball and tried to attack against 9 players when the referee then decided to stop play after originally waving play on.
Then the referee needs to be pulled up surely. I thought they had clear directives

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Cramp, fake head injuries which the ref has to stop for......Ultimately it's down to the players and coaches. The PFA could speak to their members, they are cheating fellow members, the LMA could do the same. Managers and players are getting what they created.

I'd like to see the rugby approach. The physio comes on but play continues unless it's serious. Cramp isn't a serious injury.

For all the moaning from City about the “dirty tricks” etc from Arsenal - it all started after about 10 seconds with Rodri going down like he was shot and then rolling around for 5 mins

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

The physio also saw what was going on and ran to the stricken baby which may have also led to play being stopped. Said player had already signalled he was being subbed so didn't require treatment.

For all the talk about Rodri and City and dark arts I can honestly say I've never seen my team play as dirty as Arsenal did yesterday. They took cheating to a whole new level and it was absolutely like watching a Spanish team at their very worst. Horrible to watch for everyone except them and their fans I guess.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The physio also saw what was going on and ran to the stricken baby which may have also led to play being stopped. Said player had already signalled he was being subbed so didn't require treatment.

For all the talk about Rodri and City and dark arts I can honestly say I've never seen my team play as dirty as Arsenal did yesterday. They took cheating to a whole new level and it was absolutely like watching a Spanish team at their very worst. Horrible to watch for everyone except them and their fans I guess.
In which case physio should have been booked for entering the field of play. I would still see Arsenal and raise you a Simeone managed Athletic Madrid for the dark arts

Tashyboy

Visit site
Been reading a bit about City scoring after 7 minutes injury time Played. As has been mentioned the injury time shown is a guideline/ minimum.
Someone also pointed out in the Charity shield between these two. There was 14 minutes extra time 😳

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder where Arteta learnt those tactics ? 😳

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only one I can think of is the sending off.
Sometimes players don’t hear the whistle and just play on.
Trossard did carry on and kicked the ball away but it could be argued it was all in one move .
Not like Doku who kicked the ball away and the ref said “that’s ok because that’s where the foul was “ That was very questionable imo.

Players have been told not to kick the ball after the whistle has gone!

The Saudi thing is following Oliver and others around and fans don’t like it!