The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
You can't call your game "football" as there is next to no use of the foot for movement of the ball.
:)
Since most of the players run with their feet rather than flap their arms to fly,
good footwear [and ankle wrapping] is important in American football.

As for what the game is called, I had little if any influence on the name.
Perhaps I should have mentioned that.:cool:

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Once upon a time rugby was called rugby football. The national union is called the rugby football union(RFU), although the commercial name is EnglandRugby.

Many of the long established clubs finish with xxxx rugby football club, some finishing with xxxx rugby union football club. Bit of a mouthful but most are colloquially known as xxxx rugby club.
Thanks.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Poch??

How much better do you expect? Last season was his first season btw.

They were much the better team and should have won that game versus Leicester, comfortably beat Everton and unfortunate to lose versus Newcastle. Then they narrowly lost versus Arsenal. The performances havent been bad. I admire AP's tactics, it's a pleasure to watch at times. If they dropped 15 yards deeper then they wouldnt be as blistering in attack.

I appreciate that however there are times to play like he does and other times were you need to sit deeper , he will suffer second season syndrome and spurs will prob ditch him in the summer

Lifted this from another forum

"Considering they pretty much got a free pass into the quarter final this season (they nearly screwed that up though), it actually becomes one of their best chances of winning something and getting back into Europe again next season. They are not a top four team and as I said on the previous page, if the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd get their act together sharpish, they won't even be a top six side anymore."

Considering how much they need a trophy it's stupid to not take the league cup seriously

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I appreciate that however there are times to play like he does and other times were you need to sit deeper , he will suffer second season syndrome and spurs will prob ditch him in the summer

Lifted this from another forum

"Considering they pretty much got a free pass into the quarter final this season (they nearly screwed that up though), it actually becomes one of their best chances of winning something and getting back into Europe again next season. They are not a top four team and as I said on the previous page, if the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd get their act together sharpish, they won't even be a top six side anymore."

Considering how much they need a trophy it's stupid to not take the league cup seriously
This is what I'm saying though. The fans would like a trophy but I don't think Levy is bothered if we win the League Cup. Not much money in it.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
This is what I'm saying though. The fans would like a trophy but I don't think Levy is bothered if we win the League Cup. Not much money in it.

Does Levy not realise a first trophy often leads to bigger and better things?

United with the FA Cup in 1990. City with the same trophy in 2011. Both then went on to win a fistful of trophies.

Spurs need to end the barren spell. They won’t do it with the Premier League.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It opens up so much tho .. if he had taken European conference seriously that gets a trophy .. then the next year that's guaranteed Europe regardless of the league which is more money

I'm sure right now the fans would take any trophy over years of nothing

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Given that the last time they got to the final they sacked the manager the week they were due to play in it, it’s clear they don’t care.

No fan of Jose or Spurs but it was truly mind blowing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Given that the last time they got to the final they sacked the manager the week they were due to play in it, it’s clear they don’t care.

No fan of Jose or Spurs but it was truly mind blowing.
Absolutely. Why would you do that, I asked myself at the time? I figured he probably had a bonus in his contract for winning a trophy and they didn't want to risk having to pay that before sacking him over the league performance anyway. The money always comes first.