The Cricket Thread

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed the antics of Brooks and Buttler this am… brooks in a helmet reminded me of Broad (not sure why)..

But can I shamelessly admit that i was increasingly switching on to BBL to watch some masala-cricket. I find ODI pointless.. either give me bubblegum 20/20 or grown up Tests.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Came across this video.. had not know this before. Viv was one of my childhood heroes.. the swagger and gum chewing.. it was intimidation and calypso in one move. They don’t make folks like him anymore

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Came across this video.. had not know this before. Viv was one of my childhood heroes.. the swagger and gum chewing.. it was intimidation and calypso in one move. They don’t make folks like him anymore
Typical stupid aussies, I bet every batsman that had to come up against the WI pace attack for the nrxtv15 years was very grateful to them??

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched an over of the Eng v India U19 final… the square leg umpire is no longer standing in his/her Historic Natural Standing Position… she is standing way finer … almost a leg gully ..

Is this the new normal since run outs/stumping are now 3rd umpires? But how do you give a shoulder height from there??

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched an over of the Eng v India U19 final… the square leg umpire is no longer standing in his/her Historic Natural Standing Position… she is standing way finer … almost a leg fully ..

Is this the new normal since run outs/stumping are now 3rd umpires? But how do you give a shoulder height from there??
Most seem to stand there nowadays. Possibly for safety reasons but does make it near on impossible for them to make any decisions on their own without help from the TV umpire

venger

Visit site
Watched an over of the Eng v India U19 final… the square leg umpire is no longer standing in his/her Historic Natural Standing Position… she is standing way finer … almost a leg gully ..

It's the new normal. It's done with the idea that they don't get in the way of the fixed square leg tv camera

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
nice to see India being allowed to doctor the pitch for their Test v Australia.

i get home countries prepare pitches to suit their team but India have deliberatly left the areas outside a lefthanded batsmans offside unwatered and unrolled so it breaks up and spins more as Australia have 5 or 6 left handed batters

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

i get home countries prepare pitches to suit their team but India have deliberatly left the areas outside a lefthanded batsmans offside unwatered and unrolled so it breaks up and spins more as Australia have 5 or 6 left handed batters
Would they not get punished for such blatant doctoring?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Shocking... they should be whipped along with the Aussies who turn up with 'green tops' and 'drop in pitches' with cracks esp WACA where they are as big as the best potholes of Surry

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Shocking... they should be whipped along with the Aussies who turn up with 'green tops' and 'drop in pitches' with cracks esp WACA where they are as big as the best potholes of Surry

that's from the 5th day of a test

at least those drop in pitches and green tops are prepared the same all over - India have deliberatly not prepared certain areas

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
340-7 what is the problem ?:) Lyon is not even a big spinner of the ball. :unsure:Reckon Tony Greig's car keys would have definitely got lost in that crack

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
that's from the 5th day of a test

at least those drop in pitches and green tops are prepared the same all over - India have deliberatly not prepared certain areas

Havent seen the match, so I am talkign from my hat

340-7 what is the problem ?:) Lyon is not even a big spinner of the ball. :unsure:Reckon Tony Greig's car keys would have definitely got lost in that crack

The Greig keys..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watched bits of tail end of the Aussie inning this morning.. the footmarks on the pitch look terrible - as if it is beach volleyball. Steve Smith as usual showing how to play cricket in these conditions. Despite the edges of the pitch, the spinners got their wickets to balls that pitched in line.

How did the Indian tailenders score about 150 runs on this pitch??