The Cricket Thread

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently not.. what a match this has been .... absolutely loving it. Take a bow Bairstow, you are a changed man...

That was a lot of runs knocked off scarily easily. On that form with 2 sessions left I dread to think what we could have chased down.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Twitter feed full of talking heads professing how Test Cricket if not boring. 6 weeks ago some could argue it was but some of the posts seem to suggest that this is the way that it has always been played and so everyone who expressed an opinion previously have been proved wrong.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That was a lot of runs knocked off scarily easily. On that form with 2 sessions left I dread to think what we could have chased down.

I only saw some of the Test.. but Indian bowlers in the second inning seem to have lost their way... what happened to them... they were pretty good in the first. bowled the right lines and kept the batsman in play. Second inning seems to be mindless village cricket with too much width and no real danger. I am assuming one of the short balls blows to the head from Broad might have led to them losing the plot. Not complaining

RichA

Visit site
I only saw some of the Test.. but Indian bowlers in the second inning seem to have lost their way... what happened to them... they were pretty good in the first. bowled the right lines and kept the batsman in play. Second inning seems to be mindless village cricket with too much width and no real danger. I am assuming one of the short balls blows to the head from Broad might have led to them losing the plot. Not complaining
I think that is just how it ends up looking when any bowling attack comes up against two top class batsmen in ridiculous form. Nothing they try gets them out and the bowlers run out of ideas and energy.

I followed it at work on Cricinfo. This was the obvious highlight. It's a rolling text commentary, so the top comment came after the bottom one... ?
A9255201-F9C8-47A4-9737-FA66E530CD64.jpeg

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't think this was a fair test match tbh, India should have been allowed to use a 10 day old pitch that had been got at by Highland Council Road repairers. I'm sure they would have won then?
I’m sure the board of corrupt cricket India will lodge a complaint of some sort

Grizzly

Visit site
My cricket club has a large number of India fans, and it has been very entertaining after their unabashed crowing earlier in the game to ask them what happened, and why they have gone quiet!

Of course, there is a big part of the form of the last three weeks that is as much down to conditions as is India's enviable record when playing mostly at home on pitches doctored to be obscenely dry so as they break up from about lunchtime on day one (and for anyone who tells you those are authentic conditions...ask yourself why they never appear in the IPL then!). Yes, there is less of a borderline sinister aspect to it - but balls that have less seam than usual and soften in 20 overs on pitches that are flat and true does contribute. Credit though to Stokes, who has realised that in such conditions, it is better to be chasing 300+ knowing what you need to do than it is to be batting third and unsure of whether you are sticking or twisting.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My cricket club has a large number of India fans, and it has been very entertaining after their unabashed crowing earlier in the game to ask them what happened, and why they have gone quiet!

Of course, there is a big part of the form of the last three weeks that is as much down to conditions as is India's enviable record when playing mostly at home on pitches doctored to be obscenely dry so as they break up from about lunchtime on day one (and for anyone who tells you those are authentic conditions...ask yourself why they never appear in the IPL then!). Yes, there is less of a borderline sinister aspect to it - but balls that have less seam than usual and soften in 20 overs on pitches that are flat and true does contribute. Credit though to Stokes, who has realised that in such conditions, it is better to be chasing 300+ knowing what you need to do than it is to be batting third and unsure of whether you are sticking or twisting.

I understand the sentiment, but don’t forget that they were leading Eng 2-1 in this series … also they beat Australia in Australia..

but who cares now … Roooooooooo .. Jonnyyyyyyy

D

Deleted member 15344

Stunning batting from the Cidermen tonight , highest ever T20 score , and then some superb bowling to back them up

Grizzly

Visit site
I played at Taunton years ago and was so glad I was in the team as an opening bat!
Haha its an odd place - for years it might as well have been the M4, then they had three spinners so it was heavily doctored to become Ciderabad.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nice CC debut from James Rew -some lovely fluent strokes , backed up Goldsworthy ( another young talent ) who hit his maiden ton