The all things EV chat thread

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

View attachment 54940

View attachment 54941
Will wait for them to put a lampost within 2 metres of my car space or dig the 30 metres through someone’s front garden then 👍

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Not everything is about you Phillip

Write to your local MP and ask them to install a lampost nearby if your worried

Your lack of self awareness is staggering

My situation is the same as many especially in new build areas where off road parking is not outside the house - even more so with apartment blocks in the builds

We have one person in our cul de sac with an EV vehicle and the cable runs across the paths 20 metres and has already caused issues

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps practice what you preach and stop approaching this from you're own situation.

Guy at work his sister lives in flats and they have chargers available to them , billed to their flat

My aunt is in sheltered accomodation now and there is about 4 podpoints there but are residents only, billed to them

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your lack of self awareness is staggering

My situation is the same as many especially in new build areas where off road parking is not outside the house - even more so with apartment blocks in the builds

We have one person in our cul de sac with an EV vehicle and the cable runs across the paths 20 metres and has already caused issues

Pot kettle black Phillip

As always.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Pot kettle black Phillip

As always.
Do you ever understand that for many owning an EV is not practical or cost effective right now

Yes we all know you love EVs - that’s great it works for you , but you need to stop dismissing real life issues for many where it’s not in any a situation where they can own an EV

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you ever understand that for many owning an EV is not practical or cost effective right now

Yes we all know you love EVs - that’s great it works for you , but you need to stop dismissing real life issues for many where it’s not in any a situation where they can own an EV

It's not dismissing them. It's showing there are options out there. Some of which people don't know exist.

Do you understand that all you do is focus on the negative of EVs and never once think you know I could look into this. Just post after post that they won't work for you

Excellent if they won't work for you drive ice and move along.

stevied

Visit site

Simply quoting stuff you've read because it fits your view is no better, more people could own a BEV than do, but are put off by all the misinformation trotted out on Facebook and internet forums. It's really that simple.
Conversely there are lots for whom a BEV would be completely impractical, I don't mind whichever way, but please stop pretending youre doing anything other than trotting out tired old tropes for the sake of getting into arguements on the internet. I've not been here long but it's quite clear you enjoy that kind of thing.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
It's not dismissing them. It's showing there are options out there. Some of which people don't know exist.

Do you understand that all you do is focus on the negative of EVs and never once think you know I could look into this. Just post after post that they won't work for you

Excellent if they won't work for you drive ice and move along.

Even those options are not available to many and again not cost affective

And yes I have looked into it because it’s only EVs now on the salary sacrifice scheme - but it’s still not practical or cost affective

Charging at work - expensive
Unable to charge at home due to lack of off road parking
Not cost affective on any public charging points or quick enough

And that’s valid for many people not just me

you do not need to attack everyone that has a negative opinion about EV cars and their practicality

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Simply quoting stuff you've read because it fits your view is no better, more people could own a BEV than do, but are put off by all the misinformation trotted out on Facebook and internet forums. It's really that simple.
Conversely there are lots for whom a BEV would be completely impractical, I don't mind whichever way, but please stop pretending youre doing anything other than trotting out tired old tropes for the sake of getting into arguements on the internet. I've not been here long but it's quite clear you enjoy that kind of thing.

No idea what the tired old tropes are and I don’t get my information of Facebook etc , I’m sure people on the whole are more than capable of researching for themselves the pros and cons of owning an EV.

Im not sure if you are here on the forum just to talk about EV cars as that’s 99% of your posting 🤔 - as opposed to anything in regards golf

stevied

Visit site
No idea what the tired old tropes are and I don’t get my information of Facebook etc , I’m sure people on the whole are more than capable of researching for themselves the pros and cons of owning an EV.

Im not sure if you are here on the forum just to talk about EV cars as that’s 99% of your posting 🤔 - as opposed to anything in regards golf
What a weirdo , checking on peoples posting subjects.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
One big difference there for me.
On my most regular journey I only go past one garage and would only fill up there occasionally (cost) and at that station it was queue up in the shop along with all those doing their food shopping to pay (no pay at pump).

So to fill up I would have to go out of my way and in to area of much heavier traffic so it might be just 5 minutes to fill up but was an extra 10 minutes in travel time. In 15 minutes I can charge enough for a couple of days travel on a fast charger.

Doing planned filled fill ups with fuel is no different to doing planned 'fill ups' with electricity.

Always about location , we are a pretty decent size town

On the regular routes around here most will go past at minimum 2 garages if going to -MK , Luton , Hemel or Aylesbury- combination of supermarket petrol or Shell/BP

There is a electric services on the A5 going towards MK but you need to go around town to get it - think that’s the only place you can park up and get a fast charge , everywhere else is a car park.

If either of the BP or the two shells had fast charging points then it would make a big difference for the town

stevied

Visit site
I was looking for a video on youtube when it offered me a video of ipace Vs Toyota supra drag race. Imagine getting rinsed by a 2 ton SUV 😂😂

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

View attachment 54940

View attachment 54941
Just waiting for the first reports of assaults when people start hogging the chargers :oops: