All about EV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Starting a new thread to hold all things about EVs - sooner or later we will end up with one.

I was planning to do one next year when my current car is up for renewal. However got a decent deal and took the plunge this week as I (think I) got a decent deal.

Now I am sweating on how to charge a non-Tesla. A few of the supermarkets here have charging bays. Looks like a fair few apps too. Any suggestion on best apps/network to sign up in the south

How have people adjusted to the transition from traditional vehicle to an EV?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Pod point is usually a good one to have as they are in lots of Tescos car parks.
Park up, plug in, do your shopping, unplug, go home. And reasonably priced.
Of course, charging at home (if you can) is cheaper and more convenient.
I haven't been to a garage since February when I needed petrol for my lawn mower

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Starting a new thread to hold all things about EVs - sooner or later we will end up with one.

I was planning to do one next year when my current car is up for renewal. However got a decent deal and took the plunge this week as I (think I) got a decent deal.

Now I am sweating on how to charge a non-Tesla. A few of the supermarkets here have charging bays. Looks like a fair few apps too. Any suggestion on best apps/network to sign up in the south

How have people adjusted to the transition from traditional vehicle to an EV?

Get zapmap app, that will show you all the chargers in your area, or whenever you look..it will say which company operates them so you can have the apps you need.

A lot of them now have to accept contactless so that's a bonus

Are you with octopus? If so get an electroverse account. It's linked to a few charge companies, discounted for octopus customers but also you can set it to take money from your octopus account as opposed from paying by card.

You can also request a physical card for it aswell

Which EV did you end up going for?

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
There’s already a “Would you buy an electric car?” thread that has a huge number of posts already that may make more sense to join!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There’s already a “Would you buy an electric car?” thread that has a huge number of posts already that may make more sense to join!
Cool.. I was sure there was one, I could not find it… Admin may be able to merge it

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get zapmap app, that will show you all the chargers in your area, or whenever you look..it will say which company operates them so you can have the apps you need.

A lot of them now have to accept contactless so that's a bonus

Are you with octopus? If so get an electroverse account. It's linked to a few charge companies, discounted for octopus customers but also you can set it to take money from your octopus account as opposed from paying by card.

You can also request a physical card for it aswell

Which EV did you end up going for?
Yes with Octopus, so will look up .. tnx

Ended up with a secondhand bmw.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I really see little point in having two long running threads about the same subject. Yes, the other thread has been derailed at times, but all the stuff discussed above is there.

I’m locking this thread and adding a link below to the other one for anyone struggling to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.