The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Fore Right

Visit site
An absolute exhibition from my boy Rahmbo today.

Never thought id see them wearing shorts in the UK event 🤣 🤣

Course looks superb, reckon they will tuck the pins tomorrow after the low scoring.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I picked the right week to go back to Rahm in fantasy then. Used a bit of sneaky knowledge (thanks Golf Life) that Horsfield considers JCB to be his home course when he's in the UK and plays it a lot. He's made a good start for me. 👍🏻 Shame I left Hatton as my sub though, whoops.

Fore Right

Visit site
This UK event couldnt have turned out any better.

Best weather we have had all summer.
All the big names amassing at the top of the leader board and a massive underdog with the chance to change his life with a win #Ogletree

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Fore Right

Visit site
This UK event been a huge success.
Best one in the UK so far, the course has contributed to it for sure, looks stunning in the sunshine.

The large crowds look like they are having a great time.

Would love Rahmbo to get his 1st Liv title, it would be a relief I'm sure after the big money signing.1000013893.jpg

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah just several Major winners & a couple of ex Ryder cup winners on that list 🤷‍♂️

If you’ve no interest in Liv,just don’t watch it,don’t click on the thread.
Easily avoidable really 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

LIV will end up placing itself beneath the Majors, and above the regular tour events - they just need to find the right locations globally that work. JCB does, for now.

Some people will argue against the series until their dying breath, when the sensible option would be to accept that it's going to be here for a long time, and admit they called it wrong from the outset.

"This is waaaaaay better than The Open" was Jamie's verdict. He's got - god willing, 60+ years of following the game infront of him, and walking round the event yesterday it's obvious that they've drawn in a young fan group - and I have to say, there were also more older fans in and amongst than Centurion last year.

So pleased Rahm won it - you could see what it meant to him - and he worked all weekend for that. Ogletree threw it away to a degree - but with the calibre of players behind him, it must have been a struggle to remain composed.

Conclusion of this event compared to 2023.
More fans, more fan engagement, bigger build out, better atmosphere and better players. LIV continues to trend upwards. (y)

The Bamfords and LIV put on a great weekend of golf.

Last edited:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Had to feel for Hatton, tricky sliding putt (Reminded me of Rory's in the US), just didn't start it high enough.
Really enjoyed the coverage, weather looked superb and course looked tough.
Wouldn't fancy playing it off the back tees like these boys.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Had to feel for Hatton, tricky sliding putt (Reminded me of Rory's in the US), just didn't start it high enough.
Really enjoyed the coverage, weather looked superb and course looked tough.
Wouldn't fancy playing it off the back tees like these boys.
The tv doesn’t do it justice imo.
Some of the slopes on the fairways are crazy.
Not sure I’d fancy playing it off any tee tbh.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
LIV will end up placing itself beneath the Majors, and above the regular tour events - they just need to find the right locations globally that work. JCB does, for now.

Some people will argue against the series until their dying breath, when the sensible option would be to accept that it's going to be here for a long time, and admit they called it wrong from the outset.

"This is waaaaaay better than The Open" was Jamie's verdict. He's got - god willing, 60+ years of following the game infront of him, and walking round the event yesterday it's obvious that they've drawn in a young fan group - and I have to say, there were also more older fans in and amongst than Centurion last year.

So pleased Rahm won it - you could see what it meant to him - and he worked all weekend for that. Ogletree threw it away to a degree - but with the calibre of players behind him, it must have been a struggle to remain composed.

Conclusion of this event compared to 2023.
More fans, more fan engagement, bigger build out, better atmosphere and better players. LIV continues to trend upwards. (y)

The Bamfords and LIV put on a great weekend of golf.
It’s no where near a major for me.
Was a really good day yesterday with good crowds tho.
£35 a ticket is great value.
I’d have liked them to tee off a bit earlier.
And lower the price on the ale,it didn’t seem to bother a few tho 😂

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It’s no where near a major for me.
Was a really good day yesterday with good crowds tho.
£35 a ticket is great value.
I’d have liked them to tee off a bit earlier.
And lower the price on the ale,it didn’t seem to bother a few tho 😂

No it's not a major - but LIV events will sit just below them in time. 10 years at a push. But I did enjoy it more than The Open - and I've tried to make that call objectively.

As for the beer - it was £8.50 a pint at Troon, so a touch cheaper at LIV, and I've just paid £5.70 for a pint of Madri at a golf club in Barnsley. Factoring in the "captive audience" factor - I think anywhere around the £8 a pint mark is to be expected to be honest.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
No it's not a major - but LIV events will sit just below them in time. 10 years at a push. But I did enjoy it more than The Open - and I've tried to make that call objectively.

As for the beer - it was £8.50 a pint at Troon, so a touch cheaper at LIV, and I've just paid £5.70 for a pint of Madri at a golf club in Barnsley. Factoring in the "captive audience" factor - I think anywhere around the £8 a pint mark is to be expected to be honest.
Anything over £6 a ridiculous imo.
Where about in Barnsley did you play?