The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It's Lahiris to lose today - 4 shot lead at Valderamma is going to take some catching and I don't see him imploding, he's got some experienced heads around him in his team in BDC and Casey. Crushers will want that team win as well.

Rangegoats are 26 over and propping up the team rankings - not sure Bubba's moves in the transfer window have worked out for him this season. If you add all 4 scores together over the 2 days - they're 45 over par, which even for Valderamma - is shocking

D

Deleted member 29109

Lahiri must have been nervous that he’d holed that for a split second 😂

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
JCB grounds passes now showing as sold out for Saturday and Sunday.

The momentum keeps building (y)

Attachments

• IMG_4429.png
    IMG_4429.png
    1,010 KB · Views: 7

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
How many tickets does that mean they'll have sold?

I'm there on the Saturday with a group of 5 from our club. Looking forward to it!

Im not sure tbh. I know they increased the number available at Valderamma - and JCB will want as much ticket revenue as possible. They will need safety certificates with maximum capacities etc, but would imagine they’d have that at around 20,000 a day?

We’re there on the Saturday as well - be interesting to see how it compares to The Open, where we are headed on Friday

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im not sure tbh. I know they increased the number available at Valderamma - and JCB will want as much ticket revenue as possible. They will need safety certificates with maximum capacities etc, but would imagine they’d have that at around 20,000 a day?

We’re there on the Saturday as well - be interesting to see how it compares to The Open, where we are headed on Friday
In terms of numbers, not on the same page. Personally, I would say the viewing experience at the JCB will be more enjoyable then the Open. I've been to the Scottish Open on a few occasions, British Masters, some other ET tour events. Good numbers there but spread them out over 18 holes, hospitality etc and unless you are following Rory then there is plenty of space, you can stand where you like, you have easy views without looking between heads.

At the Open, there is a good chance you will be X numbers deep, bobbing and weaving to see. Different atmosphere and sense of occasion though.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
In terms of numbers, not on the same page. Personally, I would say the viewing experience at the JCB will be more enjoyable then the Open. I've been to the Scottish Open on a few occasions, British Masters, some other ET tour events. Good numbers there but spread them out over 18 holes, hospitality etc and unless you are following Rory then there is plenty of space, you can stand where you like, you have easy views without looking between heads.

At the Open, there is a good chance you will be X numbers deep, bobbing and weaving to see. Different atmosphere and sense of occasion though.

Yeah, I suspect it’ll be catching glimpses of players at Troon, whereas last year at Centurion I think Jamie fist bumped about 6 or 7 major winners.

JCB will be busier than the Friday at Centurion last year I’d imagine

Fore Right

Visit site
Valderama had an exciting end but Boy thats the 2nd time Lahiri has 3 putted to lose a Liv event.

Dream home event for Sergio and his fireballs.

Gutted i put off getting my Sunday tickets for JCB and now sold out, serves me right...

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Valderama had an exciting end but Boy thats the 2nd time Lahiri has 3 putted to lose a Liv event.

Dream home event for Sergio and his fireballs.

Gutted i put off getting my Sunday tickets for JCB and now sold out, serves me right...

You can still get the 3 day pass - if you don’t mind shelling out just over £100

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Another good week for the youth as he managed to accumulate 10 points in what turned out to be a very difficult event for the players.

Extends his lead slightly in the overall standings.

Attachments

• IMG_4435.png
    IMG_4435.png
    341.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4434.png
    IMG_4434.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 2

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Some information in cut heights for any course set up anoraks...

The cut height of the grass this week at JCB Golf & Country Club is as follows
Tee: Rye/Fescue, 5mm
Fairway: Rye/Fescue, 9mm
Green: Creeping Bent, 2.5mm
First Cut: Rye/Fescue, 28mm
Rough: Rye/Fescue, 100mm
Fringe/Collar: Rye, 4mm
Projected Green Speed, 11