The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Why did they not have the UK JCB event this week.
Players in The Open could come in early play some links golf in prep for Troon.

Seems a no brainer to me to help the players prepare for The Open.

Then have Valderama the week after The Open..

Prob because one of the biggest events in the UK outside the Open is behind held right now in Scotland

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Why did they not have the UK JCB event this week.
Players in The Open could come in early play some links golf in prep for Troon.

Seems a no brainer to me to help the players prepare for The Open.

Then have Valderama the week after The Open..

As stated, there is the Scottish Open this week.

As for preparation for The Open - Valderamma is a pretty tough course - not long but you have to be accurate - I don't think there'll be any significant disadvantage for the LIV players compared to those playing on the DPWT this weekend - other than they need to fly in from Spain rather than already being located in Scotland

Fore Right

Visit site
I get what your saying but I think crowds would still flock to Uttoxeter to watch Liv as its easier to get to for the midlands , wales and southern England.
Im thinking the Scottish Open crowd is mainly attended by Scots and Northern English folks ?

The Valderama event is still going up against the Scottish open from a TV point of view.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I get what your saying but I think crowds would still flock to Uttoxeter to watch Liv as its easier to get to for the midlands , wales and southern England.
Im thinking the Scottish Open crowd is mainly attended by Scots and Northern English folks ?

The Valderama event is still going up against the Scottish open from a TV point of view.

And the LIV event in the uk will be going up against the Scottish open as well. And when it comes to a “TV Pov” - it’s not on telly within these shores

Either way most of the focus will be on the Scottish open right now , to the point I suspect most outside LIV fans didn’t even know there was an event this week

Seems brave scheduling to go head to head with the biggest events and so far LIV hasn’t fared well

Playing the Scottish open before The Open is perfect warm up getting used to links golf - not sure playing a tight parkland is

wjemather

Visit site
And the LIV event in the uk will be going up against the Scottish open as well. And when it comes to a “TV Pov” - it’s not on telly within these shores
I assume Sky aren't broadcasting the Scottish Open on a free-to-air channel, so the the free and easy access to YouTube (via smart TVs and set-top boxes) means that LIV can be viewed on far more TVs in the UK than the Scottish Open.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I assume Sky aren't broadcasting the Scottish Open on a free-to-air channel, so the the free and easy access to YouTube (via smart TVs and set-top boxes) means that LIV can be viewed on far more TVs in the UK than the Scottish Open.

Tend to cast to my TV from my phone - turn on the TV, press the cast icon on my phone screen, select the TV I want it to play through, and voila,, it's on there - free, high definition, quality golf broadcast.

Assuming folk have either got a smart TV or a Firestick, there is no easier way to access pro golf.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

I like the free access to live LIV golf on YT but to their credit the ET are running free live feature group coverage from Scotland yesterday and today, also on YT. The more the better (y)
Hope they keep it up over the weekend