Sock gate (again)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thread reminds me of the old days in the works canteen... Same old faces would be sitting at the same tables every day spending every minute whinging how bad the management decisions were... As, by moaning out loud, they were hoping another would take up their issues with management as they didn't have the balls to do so...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, you can question anything in your own club, fair enough, but when visiting? Abide by their rules. It is their play ground, and you are a guest. Do the right thing, wear the right kit, put up, shut up, and crack on with it. Your petty rebellion is not going to change a single thing, and will just label you an idiot.

Why white socks? No idea. Does it really matter? No. So if they ask for it, just comply. It isn't hard, it is not demeaning, it just is.

I go to friends houses. They ask me to take my shoes off. In my view, this is stupid. In my house, I don't give a stuff. In theirs, that is what they want, and I comply. I don't argue. It is their place, their rules. I don't throw a strop. I don't go, you cannot be serious, I don't go home, I just take my shoes off.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Kindly don'r Fragger-ing corrupt a quote! Especially, when it's a complete contradiction of the original post!

At least document the change!
Foxy, it's the same question asked from the other side and it's been completely lost in the thread.
We all know that there are dress code rules to follow and if we don't follow them then we can't play the course.
We know that. We'll comply. No discussion.
What we don't know is the reasoning behind 5-6 inches of fabric being offensive - if it's banned it must be - if it's not a certain colour.
Why aren't black gloves banned....?
Or black caps
Or even black shorts...
Being able to wear black knee length socks but not black ankle socks is insane.
It ain't going to change any time soon I suspect
But it's totally insane

D

Deleted member 1418

Well, you can question anything in your own club, fair enough, but when visiting? Abide by their rules. It is their play ground, and you are a guest. Do the right thing, wear the right kit, put up, shut up, and crack on with it. Your petty rebellion is not going to change a single thing, and will just label you an idiot.

Why white socks? No idea. Does it really matter? No. So if they ask for it, just comply. It isn't hard, it is not demeaning, it just is.

I go to friends houses. They ask me to take my shoes off. In my view, this is stupid. In my house, I don't give a stuff. In theirs, that is what they want, and I comply. I don't argue. It is their place, their rules. I don't throw a strop. I don't go, you cannot be serious, I don't go home, I just take my shoes off.

What colour are your socks when you take your shoes off? Do they have a 'white socks only' rule too? 😉

D

Deleted member 1418

19 pages over an item of clothing that costs less than a pint! 👍👏👏😂😂😂

Let's keep this going till we catch the Brexit thread!! 😉

D

Deleted member 1418

No. They don't have any rules as such, so I always wear one short white, and one long and stripey. That way I am always covered.

Good man.

Will they allow you to wear slippers though? Might be an idea for next time, particularly in the winter months! Although probably best start another thread for that. 😉

D

Deleted member 1418

The sexy ones that go half way up the calf, pulled up & fitting so tightly that they start going translucent 😋😛

😂😂😂

I bet you drive the old lady members wild with those!! 😉

Hitdaball

Visit site

But that actually has the simple reasonable reasoning of them not wanting dog crap on the carpet, no?

If they wouldn’t let you in the house in black socks once the shoes were off you’d think twice 😂

D

Deleted member 1418

But that actually has the simple reasonable reasoning of them not wanting dog crap on the carpet, no?

If they wouldn’t let you in the house in black socks once the shoes were off you’d think twice 😂

Knowing Murph as I do he'd have had the common sense to check the dress code beforehand! 😉😂

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Foxy, it's the same question asked from the other side and it's been completely lost in the thread.
We all know that there are dress code rules to follow and if we don't follow them then we can't play the course.
We know that. We'll comply. No discussion.
What we don't know is the reasoning behind 5-6 inches of fabric being offensive - if it's banned it must be - if it's not a certain colour.
Why aren't black gloves banned....?
Or black caps
Or even black shorts...
Being able to wear black knee length socks but not black ankle socks is insane.
It ain't going to change any time soon I suspect
But it's totally insane
I don't give a toss!

Kindly don'r Fragger-ing corrupt a quote! Especially, when it's a complete contradiction of the original post!

At least document the change!