H4H WEST SURREY GENERAL INFORMATION

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A day I don’t think that any of us will forget.

Memorable moments:
18th (our 2nd) - there was already a puddle on the back of the green and @mikejohnchapman had gone through the back, just off the green, but puttable. He advised that he couldn’t take relief as off the green and had to chip over it (something I wasn’t aware of). No problem he chipped in for a birdie!

1st - Took a nine iron for my third shot to the green. Caught it right off of the toe end of the club and nearly went at right angles straight at @mikejohnchapman just ten yards away. The rain saved him from potentially serious injury as his umbrella deflected the ball away. I was a little shaken for a few holes afterwards and I am sure he was too. Thanks for taking it in good grace.

14th - @Swingalot laughing his head off as he saw the 14th green which had a lake on the left side. “Just aim left the ball won’t run through the green!”

15th - putting out on 14 I thought I caught a flash out of the corner of my eye. Sure enough a large clap of thunder followed a few moments later. Thought about stopping, but we were pretty much at the furthest point from the clubhouse so continued as the remaining two holes to play were on our way back anyway. Deciding to stick to graphite shafted hybrids and avoid metal shafted irons hit my first green in regulation and my only par.

Thanks to my playing partners noted above and Tony from Blackmoor for persevering and keeping our spirits up. Also, well done to Rich and all that helped in putting the day together and for enabling so much money to be raised for H4H.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Can't believe anyone is complaining about the weather.🤨 You should try playing Carnoustie in driving rain,howling wind and so cold we thought we would get Hyperthermia. We did have the course to ourselves as even the Scots wouldn't go out in that weather.:eek: We were cheered up when the Club Manager told us we should have played the day before, it was glorious.:mad:

At West Surrey all you need was some decent waterproofs, some wet weather gloves for both hands, and a 25 metre swimming certicate. I would mention that I carried, no brolly, and was in the middle of the 16th fairway when the lightening was around. Real men don't moan.

Oh and today the rain was worse, so we got lucky with the weather.:LOL:
:p

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Can't believe anyone is complaining about the weather.🤨 You should try playing Carnoustie in driving rain,howling wind and so cold we thought we would get Hyperthermia. We did have the course to ourselves as even the Scots wouldn't go out in that weather.:eek: We were cheered up when the Club Manager told us we should have played the day before, it was glorious.:mad:

At West Surrey all you need was some decent waterproofs, some wet weather gloves for both hands, and a 25 metre swimming certicate. I would mention that I carried, no brolly, and was in the middle of the 16th fairway when the lightening was around. Real men don't moan.

Oh and today the rain was worse, so we got lucky with the weather.:LOL:
:p
Indeed - my place just down the road from WS was closed all day yesterday (Friday) as by 11am nearly 2” of rain had fallen since the previous day.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Deciding to stick to graphite shafted hybrids and avoid metal shafted irons

A common misnomer, Graphite is a very good conductor of electricity, ask any fisherman
If walking by a canal or river. There are often power line warning signs, touch one of those with your rod or pole and you are toast.

Wooden shafts would be ok. So @Crow would be safe

We played 17 out of 18 holes, our last one, the 4th having reached the green in 3 ( 2 shot hole) to find it flooded. 2 putts would have given me 34 points and second place, but had to scratch the hole , so 31 points and around 4th or 5th

Lovely course, I’d love to play it again in bettter conditions….you know it’s a tad wet when your trolley sends out a bow wave 🤭

Thanks to my playing partners @AddisonRoad and @Gleb for a memorable round

Again many thanks to @richart and the team, well done to @Midnight for his well deserved award

See you all again next time 👍

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I had 24 points, but gave up after 3rd shot into 16 went into the right-hand bunker. Picked up and then just walked 17 and 18.