H4H WEST SURREY GENERAL INFORMATION

sjw

Visit site
Thanks for a great day out everyone! Putting the weather aside I've had a hell of a time the last couple of days!

Special thanks to @DeanoMK, @dufferman and @apj0524 (I think that last one is right!) for being my playing partners throughout the rounds and @GreiginFife for keeping me company in the car!

I am terrible with names, so I am sure there are other people whom I met and cannot remember usernames that went with them, but it was a cracking outing and one I'll remember for a long time! (Along with Dean's bunker shot!)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Great to meet many old and new faces today.

Richart always runs a well chosen, well organised H4H day and, not only that but he played some very good golf today also. Good to meet Shamalama and Richarts mate Alan too - none of the 3 of us played very well but we did have an odd shower to blame for that.
I really liked the course and hope to play it again some day (maybe in a touch of sunshine) but scoring was definitely difficult. The food was very good too, and a final thanks to everyone who helped everything to run smoothly, especially the ladies and the wonder that is Midnight (Guy)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks @richart for organising. Much appreciated.

By the way, with so many waterproofs on trial today, would anyone care to recommend a jacket that kept them dry after 4+ hours of rain? Mine didn't 😞

Cheers
The waterproof jacket and shoes that can withstand THAT haven't been invented yet, trust me. My Eccos have never let me down before but I had trenchfoot by the end. I'm not sure they'll ever recover. Although wearing shorts was a horrendous decision. 😂

Echoing the above, another fantastic day even though you couldn't possibly have got worse weather for it. Always a day I look forward to in the calendar, cheers to richart at everyone else involved!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks @richart for organising. Much appreciated.

By the way, with so many waterproofs on trial today, would anyone care to recommend a jacket that kept them dry after 4+ hours of rain? Mine didn't 😞

Cheers

Paperboy borrow a short sleeve ping jobbie off someone and it lasted 14 holes until the thunder in, think the majority at that point was down his neck and not soaking through. I Was mega impressed.

On the main note, thanks to @richart and his team of merry helps again for another great day, always enjoyable and no doubt a huge task..

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great day despite the weather. The speech at the end says it all for me and on that note, Richard you and the team should be very proud......180k over the years and rising! Lets make sure the auction honesty box donations fly in please, there were lots of hands in the air. Every £ counts so even a £5 will help.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for a great day out everyone! Putting the weather aside I've had a hell of a time the last couple of days!

Special thanks to @DeanoMK, @dufferman and @apj0524 (I think that last one is right!) for being my playing partners throughout the rounds and @GreiginFife for keeping me company in the car!

I am terrible with names, so I am sure there are other people whom I met and cannot remember usernames that went with them, but it was a cracking outing and one I'll remember for a long time! (Along with Dean's bunker shot!)
Should be me thanking you mate!

Again, I’m just echoing the sentiments, great day organised by @richart and his team of die hards that had much behind the scenes stuff going on when we were out… er… playing golf, sort of.

Its been a long trek and such a shame the weather didn’t play ball but you could see there was a cracking course under all that water.
Really must thank @DeanoMK @dufferman and @SwingsitlikeHogan for keeping my spirits up enough to stop me walking in at one point and seeing it through.

Massive thanks to the one and only @Blue in Munich for ferrying me from the train station to Godalming and for arranging another knock tomorrow before I make the equally long trek back home to the land that had 21 degrees and sun-sheee-ine today.

Thanks all for welcoming a Fifer in to such a leafy county.

sjw

Visit site

Again, I’m just echoing the sentiments, great day organised by @richart and his team of die hards that had much behind the scenes stuff going on when we were out… er… playing golf, sort of.

Its been a long trek and such a shame the weather didn’t play ball but you could see there was a cracking course under all that water.
Really must thank @DeanoMK @dufferman and @SwingsitlikeHogan for keeping my spirits up enough to stop me walking in at one point and seeing it through.

Massive thanks to the one and only @Blue in Munich for ferrying me from the train station to Godalming and for arranging another knock tomorrow before I make the equally long trek back home to the land that had 21 degrees and sun-sheee-ine today.

I should say, thanks for paying for my longest drive/raffle entries. Unfortunately neither came in but I was about 5 or 6 yards off the longest drive and the wind just picked up as we hit that tee box (promise!)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site

That bunker shot 😂😂😂

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I should say, thanks for paying for my longest drive/raffle entries. Unfortunately neither came in but I was about 5 or 6 yards off the longest drive and the wind just picked up as we hit that tee box (promise!)
Least I could do.

I was about 6” behind the longest drive when we got to it but I reckon it will have stretched out from that point.

That was before swinging the driver was like wrangling a cobra.

• Haha
Reactions: sjw

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Very kind of you to say so but I've hardly gone out of my way as I was going anyway; you on the other hand have travelled the length of the country at no small expense to support this.

Frankly, I should be embarrassed if I'd left you to get cabs when I've got space in the car. You're more than welcome, thanks for the company. (y)

Add thanks to James, Andrew & Rob for their company on the course & at dinner. Despite the weather a good time was had, although we did at times struggle to work out if some of the putts were upstream or downstream... :unsure:

Last edited:

sjw

Visit site
Least I could do.

I was about 6” behind the longest drive when we got to it but I reckon it will have stretched out from that point.

That was before swinging the driver was like wrangling a cobra.
I'd just regripped mine on Monday, and bought a rain glove before the round. That combination proved to be a stroke of genius as driver was the only club I could hit today

(I regripped the irons as well, but they were just rubbish anyway)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd just regripped mine on Monday, and bought a rain glove before the round. That combination proved to be a stroke of genius as driver was the only club I could hit today

(I regripped the irons as well, but they were just rubbish anyway)
Yeah, I use a FJ rain grip glove, with the suedey material. It's surprising how effective they actually are. I felt my right hand slip but the left stayed on pretty well.

sjw

Visit site
Yeah, I use a FJ rain grip glove, with the suedey material. It's surprising how effective they actually are. I felt my right hand slip but the left stayed on pretty well.
That's the one. The new grip certainly helped the lower hand. But the glove was soaked through and still gripped, I was really impressed.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Prize winners

NP - Neil Tappin
NP in 2. - James R
Longest Drive - 94 Tegsi

Best Guest Prize - Rich Donaldson - 32

GM Forum

3rd Richart - 32
2nd Cake - 32 ( on CB)

Winner - Orikoru - 35

Winner of the Rickg Memorial Trophy - Midnight

Tough day because of the weather and the scores reflected that but still a great day

Forum should be proud that over the years we have raised £180k for H4H

Was great to see forumers like Greg travel all the way down from Scotland to join us and we hope that we can see as many as possible at next years event

Got to say a massive thanks to Richard and his lovely wife for all their work they do to put on a great day for us