Thoughts?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The problem is that he's out.
Being back in circulation he will come into contact with kids and young women.
How do you stop that?
I don't know....
It's a tricky situation

D

Deleted member 15344

Very tricky situation

He was convicted , served his time and is now out

He is on the register so can’t be too close to under age children so he won’t be allowed to play in comps where juniors play

So I don’t know - should be able to get on with his life now ? Can see exactly why Members wouldn’t want him

Some people are banned from all golf clubs if the activity went on at a golf club - suspect he is banned from all football environments

D

Deleted member 16999

Doesn’t sit well with me.
But, surely if you know what someone is you can keep an eye on them.
Does any Golf Club vet all its members prior to letting them join.
I’d imagine unless the Club has a policy or something in place to refuse his or anyone else with the same conviction they could be risking getting sued for discrimination, especially if they weren’t water tight with the reason for refusing them/him.

D

Deleted member 1740

The problem is that he's out.
Being back in circulation he will come into contact with kids and young women.
How do you stop that?
I don't know....
It's a tricky situation

See post #2

D

Deleted member 1740

Doesn’t sit well with me.
But, surely if you know what someone is you can keep an eye on them.
Does any Golf Club vet all its members prior to letting them join.
I’d imagine unless the Club has a policy or something in place to refuse his or anyone else with the same conviction they could be risking getting sued for discrimination, especially if they weren’t water tight with the reason for refusing them/him.

Plenty of people have been refused entry to loads of golf clubs across the land for less, can everyone sue on discrimination??

User20204

Visit site
Hang him by his Todger and cut his throat.

Barbaric, some might say, theres no defence for nonce's.

Just out of interest, do you put him is the very same category at child killers and child rapists ? and when I say child rapists I mean raping children of pre school age, and for the record, I don't, what about you ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Plenty of people have been refused entry to loads of golf clubs across the land for less, can everyone sue on discrimination??
If the Club has robust policies in place there can be loads of reasons to refuse membership, but if Wynyard hasn’t got or come up with a reason to refuse him, then by saying “it’s because you’re a nonce” may not hold up in a court and he might have the money to sue.

D

Deleted member 1740

Just out of interest, do you put him is the very same category at child killers and child rapists ? and when I say child rapists I mean raping children of pre school age, and for the record, I don't, what about you ?

Yeah, he's a nonce.

Every nonce should have the same treatment.

D

Deleted member 1740

If the Club has robust policies in place there can be loads of reasons to refuse membership, but if Wynyard hasn’t got or come up with a reason to refuse him, then by saying “it’s because you’re a nonce” may not hold up in a court and he might have the money to sue.

Paul, correct me if I'm wrong but it's a members club is it not? The members have a duty to themselves to speak out against this type of issues.

Would you welcome him to your club?

D

Deleted member 16999

Paul, correct me if I'm wrong but it's a members club is it not? The members have a duty to themselves to speak out against this type of issues.

Would you welcome him to your club?
No I wouldn’t, especially as I’m the JLO.:eek:
Can you guarantee you don’t have any nonces or other equally depraved types as members?
We only have 300 members and I know for a fact none are vetted except those who need to be for taking up particular roles within the Club.
I know the membership could make it very uncomfortable and unwelcoming for him or his like, but it really isn’t as straightforward as you/I’d like.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The former Sunderland wingers' membership allows him access to the bar and can play in competitions, some of which involve both older and junior members of the club.

One member of Wynyard Golf Club spoke to The Sun on Sunday where he confirmed that there are a number of under-age girls who are currently members of the club and playing in competitions, with the youngest junior category at the golf club for children is under the age of eight.

I can't see too many under 8's playing in mens comps so I think the last statement from the article is there for effect. If there are comps that girls are allowed to play in then surely the simple answer is for the handicap committee to simply ensure he's not drawn with then. If the guy has served a sentence and remains on the register I'd say his paid his debt and allowed to join a club and enjoy his hobby.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The former Sunderland wingers' membership allows him access to the bar and can play in competitions, some of which involve both older and junior members of the club.

One member of Wynyard Golf Club spoke to The Sun on Sunday where he confirmed that there are a number of under-age girls who are currently members of the club and playing in competitions, with the youngest junior category at the golf club for children is under the age of eight.

I can't see too many under 8's playing in mens comps so I think the last statement from the article is there for effect. If there are comps that girls are allowed to play in then surely the simple answer is for the handicap committee to simply ensure he's not drawn with then. If the guy has served a sentence and remains on the register I'd say his paid his debt and allowed to join a club and enjoy his hobby.

well if thats what they told the currant bun then it must be true lol

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

Sounds like they are stating a fact regarding youngest junior section to me.

Wouldn’t want him any where near my club. Hopefully they will find a legal way to chuck him out. Why should the club have to monitor him all the time he is on the premises ? Fox in the chicken coop springs to mind.

D

Deleted member 1740

No I wouldn’t, especially as I’m the JLO.:eek:
Can you guarantee you don’t have any nonces or other equally depraved types as members?
We only have 300 members and I know for a fact none are vetted except those who need to be for taking up particular roles within the Club.
I know the membership could make it very uncomfortable and unwelcoming for him or his like, but it really isn’t as straightforward as you/I’d like.

It really is.

No but AJ is a known nonce and if my club had an unknown nonce as a member there’s nothing we could do unless it was confirmed and found guilty in a court of law.once that was confirmed I’d either raise it to the committee for discussion, hound him out, or leave.

Now if my club put a new member application up on the board let’s say his name is Benedict Gormley-Taylor, as I assume most members clubs do, and he was known to any member as a nonce I would expect him or her to say so and object. The member has a right to object.

If my club had allowed AJ or a new member known as a nonce to join I would be infuriated.

D

Deleted member 16999

It really is.

No but AJ is a known nonce and if my club had an unknown nonce as a member there’s nothing we could do unless it was confirmed and found guilty in a court of law.once that was confirmed I’d either raise it to the committee for discussion, hound him out, or leave.

Now if my club put a new member application up on the board let’s say his name is Benedict Gormley-Taylor, as I assume most members clubs do, and he was known to any member as a nonce I would expect him or her to say so and object. The member has a right to object.

If my club had allowed AJ or a new member known as a nonce to join I would be infuriated.
I’m with you a 100% mate, but not every Club puts new member applications on a board, we don’t.

Maybe the members will hound him out or maybe he won’t play in comps or whatever, fact still remains any business has to be careful these days and be seen to be doing things above board and legally.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’m with you a 100% mate, but not every Club puts new member applications on a board, we don’t.

Maybe the members will hound him out or maybe he won’t play in comps or whatever, fact still remains any business has to be careful these days and be seen to be doing things above board and legally.

Is it a members club or a proprietary ownership?

Both clubs I’ve been a member at have put all new applicants up on the board for 2 weeks for stuff like this to be objected too.

If I was a member their I’d be proposing doing this as a matter of urgency.