Hack Motion

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Has anyone used the Hack Motion Golf Swing/Wrist Angle analyzer/training device? Either owns one or has used one in conjunction with a teaching pro?

If so...what are your thoughts? Was the information useful? Were the training drills effective?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Used it in a lesson once, but even the pro said it might not be the best thing to use on your own. The sensors are very picky, and so you have to guarantee they are in the same place every time, which isn't easy.
Under supervision, with knowledge....probably could be helpful. On your own? could lead down a large rabbit hole

Springveldt

Visit site
I've thought about getting one but with the wrist angles it wants you to get you had better get the swing path correct or everything is going left. My swing path is out to in mostly and I know how to get my wrist into the position it wants at impact. The feeling on those shots are great but unfortunately for me they also go 50 yards left.

I think it could be a bit dangerous for someone like me as I'd end up playing golf swing instead of golf. I did the same years ago with the Zepp sensor that you clipped to your gloves. I vividly remember it giving a swing score of 95 on a swing where I topped my 3 wood 60 yards on the range. The next shot I flushed to the back green of the range (think it was between 220-240) and the Zepp gave me a score of 78 on the swing. Too out to in, too quick on tempo and not enough shaft lean for it. Sold it on eBay not long after.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have one. Open virdict at the moment as I just havent used it much, but will give it more time now that I am tailing back my time on Stack.

Its easy to use, plenty precise I would say for what it is measuring, and technically, the device and the app work very well.

The question is what does it give you, and, if you follow its guidance, is that guidance correct. I feel its a bit like dewiz, in that it is one tool to measure one very specific, important, but limited, part of the swing equation : flexion and extension of the left wrist. If you are already good on this point, then I am not sure if gives you anything. It does lead you to shaft lean at impact to a greater degree than I would aay most amateurs normally have. I havent followed any of its drills.
If you have issues on that flexion/extension point (are you DJ ing it at the top, are you flipping through impact), then measuring what is wrong, guidance on where you should be, may well help. (I think dewiz is similarly a single flaw fix tool : breaking Hogans plate of glass. So if thats your issue, it might be a better help).

I did get the full function version, so has ulnar and other forearm data, but yet to really explore those.

I recently got bal.on insoles to see if weight transfer insight can help me push the swingspeed envelope. Its interesting too. But again, very single issue - if your weight transfer and timing of are already good, it may give you nothing. Finding bal.on a bit more interesting than the Hack just at the moment.