Farrington Park News

Captain_Black.

Visit site
https://www.nextchapterforfarringto...CFXUbE5vnktLLUMomI3fhwe1X3n-llzd1iJtMUrV_EVsc

Farrington Park, is a championship course to the south of Bristol.
I've just read that new owners who acquired the venue in the Spring of 2023, are now planing to reduce it to a 12 hole pay & play!
Although it doesn't mention the members or membership in the above guff, my Mrs has heard that their ladies team has had to withdraw from the 2024 league due to the reduction in holes & no memberships being available.
A real shame, another quality course that will be lost for good.

D-S

Visit site
Seems an odd move, I’ve heard that most of the members are looking to move. I assume it will be the first 6 holes that they will be losing as I assume they would be wet in winter but having only played there in League matches summer I am not certain. The men pulled out of the League in 2022.
Shame as the OP says it was a decent track.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have only played there once and it took a lot of persuading with the pro to let us play the opening holes. Maybe those holes are closed quite frequently in the wetter times.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Thought I’d played all the courses in Bristol and immediate Glos, Som and Wilts surrounds when I was a member of Filton…mostly when playing in the one of the clubs league teams. But Farrington Park is a new one on me.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Thought I’d played all the courses in Bristol and immediate Glos, Som and Wilts surrounds when I was a member of Filton…mostly when playing in the one of the clubs league teams. But Farrington Park is a new one on me.
Very nice & challenging course.
Their plans for it are weird today the least.
I can't see how it will work financially.