Shorts on Tour

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Modern breathable materials are fine, what ever the conditions, and when you factor in UV inhibitors preventing skin cancer? No, shorts not required. Pandering to the idiot mentality. How long before some over paid numpty sues because he was allowed to wear shorts? Because it's comfortable. In certain climates, long sleeves, trousers, are what the locals wear. Unless they are idiots.

Visit site
Since being in Australia I’ve witnessed people wearing jeans, drinking slabs of beer and music coming from their carts and a lot of players not even bothering to wear shoes on the golf course. More people, including whole families out on the course playing the game (granted the weathers better). It looked weird the first time I saw it. How has this affected my enjoyment of the game, zero, nothing, nudda. Have I seen trouble or people behaving any more badly than in the UK? Absolutely not. Comp day is still comp day, but outside of this it’s far more inclusive. Shorts- It’s just golf finally moving with the times.... in my opinion of course

Visit site
Modern breathable materials are fine, what ever the conditions, and when you factor in UV inhibitors preventing skin cancer? No, shorts not required. Pandering to the idiot mentality. How long before some over paid numpty sues because he was allowed to wear shorts? Because it's comfortable. In certain climates, long sleeves, trousers, are what the locals wear. Unless they are idiots.
Wearing shorts equates to people being idiots? Are you the person that when someone asks for you by way off “I am looking for the club secretary of 40 years, Mr Norbert-Colon” do you reply “ It’s Major Norbert-Colon to you laddie” and retorts to any reasonable request “that’s the way we have always done it here at Royal St Shambles Golf Club, and that’s the way it will stay until I die”

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Long overdue, good decision

Playing year round I have only worn trousers once in 8 years to play golf in & it was very uncomfortable. In the kind of temperatures they’re playing in more and more (and even with golf specific trousers) there’s still a big difference in comfort between playing in trousers and playing in golf shorts

Sometimes golf is played when its just very hot
sunshine golf_small.jpg

WHAT!!!!!!!!
This is a disgrace
It's the start of a slippery slope to wearing flip flops and vests, not to mention mankinis......;)

Knock yourself out:;)
Product_Photos-4.jpg

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Things started going wrong when starched crop collars were removed from the British Army uniform, and gentlemen stopped wearing morning coats and dress shoes for breakfast.