Solheim Cup 2024

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well they gave it a good go , it’s a shame the broadcast and production has been shocking and it’s pretty much made the event unwatchable at times which does nothing for the sport

To add. Not sure if it's been more hype than usual, or I'm just a grumpy old woman, but all the antics on the 1st tee made me cringe. Dancing onto the tee (looking at you Megan Khang today) etc etc. I know it's usually boisterous but it seemed, to me, to detract from what professional athletes the women are.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
To add. Not sure if it's been more hype than usual, or I'm just a grumpy old woman, but all the antics on the 1st tee made me cringe. Dancing onto the tee (looking at you Megan Khang today) etc etc. I know it's usually boisterous but it seemed, to me, to detract from what professional athletes the women are.

Agreed, but the USA doesn’t have a monopoly on it. The din coming from the 1st tee at Finca Cortesin at the last Solheim Cup was something else. It seems to be the way the event is heading these days, sadly.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agreed, but the USA doesn’t have a monopoly on it. The din coming from the 1st tee at Finca Cortesin at the last Solheim Cup was something else. It seems to be the way the event is heading these days, sadly.

That's why I was unsure if it was just me being annoyed at them when we do the same thing. The Ryder Cup seems a better balance of a noisy tee - even when players hit their shot (if they desire that) without getting silly.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
That's why I was unsure if it was just me being annoyed at them when we do the same thing. The Ryder Cup seems a better balance of a noisy tee - even when players hit their shot (if they desire that) without getting silly.

It was blaring music in Spain. The problem was that it continued every day until all the matches had started, and could be heard for hours as a result, every day, throughout the television coverage.

I suspect we’re just getting old and grumpy. But there’s a time and a place, and a golf course just isn’t it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

With what else has been said it sounds like things not a happy camp behind the scenes

I've always had doubts about Suzann's personality to be a successful Captain but don't like how Leona has dealt with being benched. Not great comments (much like the Ryder Cup USA team are apt to make) and her very quick post about class is, for me, pretty classless.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I've always had doubts about Suzann's personality to be a successful Captain but don't like how Leona has dealt with being benched. Not great comments (much like the Ryder Cup USA team are apt to make) and her very quick post about class is, for me, pretty classless.

And because its all in hindsight it could just as easily mean that the captains decision to not play Maguire on Sat was spot on... because she won her match on Sunday & may not have if she'd played the previous day

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It should have been kept behind closed doors. I have nothing against a player being frustrated and it shows they care but making public statements doesn't help any can only fuel the US up

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
And because its all in hindsight it could just as easily mean that the captains decision to not play Maguire on Sat was spot on... because she won her match on Sunday & may not have if she'd played the previous day

Very true. I didn't see all of Friday but she didn't look to be playing well.