Solheim Cup 2024

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd like to applaud the true hero of the team, @AmandaJR :ROFLMAO: . I didn't watch any of the golf, doesn't do it for me, but every so often I would dip into here. The dedication, the emotion, how much she threw herself into it, the pain of the weekend, fair play (y)
Well played madam. Fine effort and the forum is proud of you

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd like to applaud the true hero of the team, @AmandaJR :ROFLMAO: . I didn't watch any of the golf, doesn't do it for me, but every so often I would dip into here. The dedication, the emotion, how much she threw herself into it, the pain of the weekend, fair play (y)
Yeah, I didn't watch any either, but it felt like I was there.

sunshine

Visit site
Apparently there's a spat between the two teams who share adjacent accommodation, and the Americans (who had first choice of the accomodation) are moaning about the noise from the Europeans at breakfast, as there is not enough space in the European accommodation for them to all sit inside and eat together. Likewise our friends from across the pond have objected to the Europeans using practice bays closest to the Amerixans accommodation because it's disturbing them

Crank up the music girls and get a shipment in of them really loud Cobra drivers, that were on the market a few years back, is what I say.

First time in history that a group of Americans have complained about Europeans being noisy.

peld

Visit site
I always try and watch a bit of the Solheim Cup but it always feels a but second rate.

Whereas the Ryder cup, you generally are only missing two of the big names in world golf (Hideki, Cam Smith) from a spectator pull perspective, the Solhiem cup has so many of the worlds top players missing it never feels like this is the peak competition of golf. 12 of the womens top 20 are ineligible.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Leona's form hasn't been sparkling this year after an excellent 2023...
Only 1 top 10 in 17 events on the LPGA....

I agree, you always get these points from a losing team but I'd expect Leona would have been given quite a lot of leeway for her poor form when pairs were selected given her matchplay record. It probably suggests that she wasn't showing that much in practice rounds otherwise i expect most captains would give her the nod and then she lost the pairs match fairly comfortably.

One of those that in my view you give the captain the benefit of the doubt and say to the player do better next time (form, world rankings etc) so you can't be put in that position. Saying that i thought it was only a small gripe from Leona simply saying she wanted to compete more.

D-S

Visit site
I always try and watch a bit of the Solheim Cup but it always feels a but second rate.

Whereas the Ryder cup, you generally are only missing two of the big names in world golf (Hideki, Cam Smith) from a spectator pull perspective, the Solhiem cup has so many of the worlds top players missing it never feels like this is the peak competition of golf. 12 of the womens top 20 are ineligible.
The one good thing about recent Solheim Cups though is that they actually have been decent contests with tight finishes. The last 4 Ryder Cups have been won with 6, 7, 10 and 5 point margins. The most recent Solheim Cups have had 1, 2, 0 and 3 point margins.

Swango1980

Visit site

USA v Asia would probably be better.

European lady golfers are pretty inferior compared to USA, Asia and Oceania, judging my world rankings