Great rejoicing today

sunshine

Visit site
Now, advice please. I’ve been playing a Srixon AD333 which I’m really quite enjoying. What would I gain by swapping to a tour ball, perhaps a TP5 or a Tour Response Stripe.

If you like AD333 but want an upgrade, you could try the Q Star Tour (AD333 is called Q Star in the US). This used to be called the AD333 Tour, and is similar to the AD333 but with a premium urethane cover for better feel around the green. It fits in the same category as the Tour Response.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree the Tour Response stripe can be harder to spot, although they don't make a version with a brown stripe (red, blue, yellow) so I suspect you are colour blind, which must make it even harder!

The lime yellow stripe stands out the most, and is actually a good ball with a urethane cover - it scored very highly in mygolfspy's ball review
Every Tour Response stripe I have found has been in lightish rough with the green stripe uppermost.

RichA

Visit site
Every Tour Response stripe I have found has been in lightish rough with the green stripe uppermost.
Likewise. Same with the red stripe one (which I agree with someone earlier looks brownish). Although if you manage to keep hold of them for more than half a round I've noticed that the stripe starts to wear off really easily.
I find that all Taylormade balls with graphics of any type are fine if you happen to stare straight at them but they just blend into the background if they're in your peripheral vision. Pix are the worst for me - it's like golf course camo pattern.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The newish trend of "ink spatter " simply breaks up the outline of the ball....
A good marketing technique to ensure lots of lost balls and lots of replacement sales.....or am I being cynical :unsure:

sunshine

Visit site
The newish trend of "ink spatter " simply breaks up the outline of the ball....
A good marketing technique to ensure lots of lost balls and lots of replacement sales.....or am I being cynical :unsure:

I found and used a red ball (Callaway) and a blue ball (Titleist). It was impossible to follow the flight of the ball after the apex as it dropped.

I hit a wedge with the blue ball and I knew it was middle of the green, but I couldn't actually see it until I was 55 yards away (I measured it). There is no rationale for selling these balls other than novelty / increase replacement sales.

I used a green ball once (Titleist Velocity again), which I thought was going to be joke, but actually it was really easy to spot.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found and used a red ball (Callaway) and a blue ball (Titleist). It was impossible to follow the flight of the ball after the apex as it dropped.

I hit a wedge with the blue ball and I knew it was middle of the green, but I couldn't actually see it until I was 55 yards away (I measured it). There is no rationale for selling these balls other than novelty / increase replacement sales.

I used a green ball once (Titleist Velocity again), which I thought was going to be joke, but actually it was really easy to spot.
The matte texture balls are pretty poor as well, they seem to get grubby quicker. Many years ago I tried some (they were the Wilson DX ones, nowadays called Duo), had similar experience to you. The darker colours like the pink and blue were invisible in the air as too dark, which wasn't helpful. The yellow one with the matte finish got really dirty which made them hard to see.

For the last couple of months I've started using yellow balls, but not the matte variety - I actually quite like them. There's still not many other people using yellow balls so (a) being immediately able to tell which ball is yours on the fairway/green and (b) being able to quickly ignore all the white balls in the rough/bushes when looking for yours, is quite handy. No problems seeing them in the air either as they are light enough to catch the light the same as white balls.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Yeah green is surprisingly easy to spot both in flight and on grass. One of the best (visually) i've used was the Vice green ball
1723027366096.png

sjw

Visit site
Yeah green is surprisingly easy to spot both in flight and on grass. One of the best (visually) i've used was the Vice green ball
View attachment 54504
These are brilliant, especially in the autumn/winter. Can't beat white in summer, though.

I've noticed, since buying brand new balls vs lake balls, they are a lot easier to spot being so clean, and therefore it makes me keep it clean as well

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The matte texture balls are pretty poor as well, they seem to get grubby quicker. Many years ago I tried some (they were the Wilson DX ones, nowadays called Duo), had similar experience to you. The darker colours like the pink and blue were invisible in the air as too dark, which wasn't helpful. The yellow one with the matte finish got really dirty which made them hard to see.

For the last couple of months I've started using yellow balls, but not the matte variety - I actually quite like them. There's still not many other people using yellow balls so (a) being immediately able to tell which ball is yours on the fairway/green and (b) being able to quickly ignore all the white balls in the rough/bushes when looking for yours, is quite handy. No problems seeing them in the air either as they are light enough to catch the light the same as white balls.
Found the same with the multi coloured Volvik balls. They are truly awful