Stadium Holes

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21445

A stadium party hole was a once a year experience on the 16th at the Waste Management Pheonix Open

Then Liv Golf had their watering hole on the 12th in Adelaide and I expect to see more on the Liv Tour as it fits with their mantra of "Golf But Louder"

Now next weeks PGA Tour event the AT&T Byron Nelson is having its "Ranch 17" stadium experience hole
https://golf.com/news/pga-tour-stadium-hole-weekend-hackers-nightmares/

Are stadium holes going to be become a regular part of pro events in the future and does it help a new audience get interested in golf ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A stadium party hole was a once a year experience on the 16th at the Waste Management Pheonix Open

Then Liv Golf had their watering hole on the 12th in Adelaide and I expect to see more on the Liv Tour as it fits with their mantra of "Golf But Louder"

Now next weeks PGA Tour event the AT&T Byron Nelson is having its "Ranch 17" stadium experience hole
https://golf.com/news/pga-tour-stadium-hole-weekend-hackers-nightmares/

Are stadium holes going to be become a regular part of pro events in the future and does it help a new audience get interested in golf ?
I hope not.
If people need gimmicks to get involved with golf there is something wrong.

D

Deleted member 1147

Well, you had the Waste Management in Phoenix, and the Made in Denmark, plus the super 6’s.
But I believe LIV invented loud golf.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s an excuse for people to get smashed and act like football fans for one hole. Not a fan of it and doesn’t add anything to the sport

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Think it's possible to have a stadium hole without it being a drinking/throwing hole, remains to be seen though

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went to Sawgrass this year to see The Players. Had a box overlooking the 17th. It was a fantastic experience - although there was a great deall of noise after the tee shots were taken people were pretty quiet whilt the golfer took his shot. The whole experience of the place was fantastic!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
People have purposely built stadium courses to make it a better experience for spectators, so why not have a stadium hole?
Seemingly, they're extremely popular by the people that are paying to get in them, they will generate a significant amount of revenue for the event, and they add a focal point to the round where the players have an additional factor to the holes difficulty.
Some players will love it, some will shut it out, and some will probably hate them, but that's all part of the fun.

D

Deleted member 31467

Stadium holes........perfect for those people that love to drink beer on the course and have music blaring from their carts.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The sudden eruption of noise must have an effect on other players around the course who may be in mid swing.
What next..... trans, woke cheerleaders welcoming players onto the tee?
Not for me thank you.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The sudden eruption of noise must have an effect on other players around the course who may be in mid swing.
What next..... trans, woke cheerleaders welcoming players onto the tee?
Not for me thank you.
They wouldn’t have to be trans or woke, though even if they were I’m not sure how you’d know if someone was the latter, and often it’s not at all obvious when someone is the former 🙄