Stadium Holes

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The sudden eruption of noise must have an effect on other players around the course who may be in mid swing.
What next..... trans, woke cheerleaders welcoming players onto the tee?
Not for me thank you.
Do you wear black socks and shoes with shorts?

Stadium holes are great if it annoys people with this kind of attitude.

D

Deleted member 31467

Do you wear black socks and shoes with shorts?

Stadium holes are great if it annoys people with this kind of attitude.
They are great on TV but not when the loutish behaviour filters down to courses across the country and people think it's OK because they do it on telly.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I was being inclusive, not leaving anyone out because these days, you're not allowed to.

You'd have been better off apologising for your misjudgement rather than trying normalise it.
If you have an issue with trans or woke people, whether they are cheerleaders, bank managers, or golfers - then you are homophobic.
If you don't want cheerleaders on the tee, just say so.

BiMGuy

Visit site
They are great on TV but not when the loutish behaviour filters down to courses across the country and people think it's OK because they do it on telly.
Really? Can you provide any evidence to support that is happening?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Exactly how drunk and loud do you have to get to avoid being labelled "a stuffy old boys club?"

Just slightly merry? Can't stand up? Wet your trousers and get in a fight?
Is it compulsory to try and hit a player with a beer can? Maybe throw an empty whisky bottle?

Surely anything less than a night in the cells is too stuffy?😉

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You'd have been better off apologising for your misjudgement rather than trying normalise it.
If you have an issue with trans or woke people, whether they are cheerleaders, bank managers, or golfers - then you are homophobic.
If you don't want cheerleaders on the tee, just say so.

''Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay or bisexual.''

BiMGuy

Visit site
''Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay or bisexual.''
Why not just say you don’t like people who aren’t like you, and you don’t wan them on the golf course 🤷🏼‍♂️.

It would have saved quite a few posts.

D

Deleted member 31467

Really? Can you provide any evidence to support that is happening?
Yes I can. I witnessed 3 guys on the tee in front of me chuck beer cans and jeer at their mate when he topped his drive off the tee in the States last year. They also had music playing in their carts.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Good lord..
Please stop, now. Do you not think that trans people come under that umbrella?
I mean, if you'd scrolled down your google search to the next definition of homophobia you'd have seen it covered trans people as well..

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Byron Nelson was a truly great player and one of golf's finest gentlemen, a quiet man who retired at the age of 34 to become a rancher. If they choose to desecrate the tournament by turning it into a booze festival for the self obsessed spectator, at least they should have the decency to remove his name from the title.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Ok, it was not my intention to upset any section of this community, if I did cause offence I apologise. I was merely giving my opinion that as a nation, we tend to copy what the US does and by adding 'razzmatazz' to golf is not my cup of tea. Not for me thank you.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great idea. Something that moves the image of golf away the stuffy old boys club image it has is a good thing.
Normally I would agree with this sort of sentiment - but I'm not sure if this moves the needle too far in the opposite direction. It's more American amateur culture to get wasted on the golf course, when you've got pro players taking their shirts off (as two did last year who got fined I believe) and people throwing beer cups at them, that's not quite my vision of what golf is about.

Newtonuti

Visit site
Normally I would agree with this sort of sentiment - but I'm not sure if this moves the needle too far in the opposite direction. It's more American amateur culture to get wasted on the golf course, when you've got pro players taking their shirts off (as two did last year who got fined I believe) and people throwing beer cups at them, that's not quite my vision of what golf is about.
If I wanted people chucking beers around and taking their shirts off at a sporting event, I'd go to a yank football game, not to a golf course.