Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very surprised Meronk hasn't made it as well.

Harsh to pick one Hojgaard and not the other as well. 😆 I couldn't tell you which one of them is the better golfer really??

D

Deleted member 15344

It does question the qualification process when AM out qualified NH on both lists....But..

In Luke we trust...

I think as soon as Aberg won yesterday he was in but Meronk 3rd in the RTD as well as ahead in the points list , hits it just as far as Hojgaard - certainly very risky

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do players have to play in a least one match before the singles? Might be good to get the rookies in early to stop the nerves taking too much of a hold

D

Deleted member 1147

A player has no right to be unhappy at not being picked. They should have played better and guaranteed qualification.

D

Deleted member 1147

Do players have to play in a least one match before the singles? Might be good to get the rookies in early to stop the nerves taking too much of a hold
no they don't have to

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think as soon as Aberg won yesterday he was in but Meronk 3rd in the RTD as well as ahead in the points list , hits it just as far as Hojgaard - certainly very risky
What may have swayed things in his favour is that he's played decently on the PGA Tour as well as DP....
I still think the bigger risk is Shane and, although he qualified, Bob....

D

Deleted member 1147

Erm... Meronk finished higher in the rankings than Hojgaard :unsure:
Didn't qualify by rights though. The only ones who have a right to go are those who get in by qualifying. The rest are leaving it to chance.

D

Deleted member 1147

I wonder if Meronk is moving over to LIV, and that has affected the selection?
No, he said he enjoys real golf over 72 holes. They took that to mean the RC doesn't suit him, rather than LIV is too much of a joke.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is Aberg the Theo Walcott, 2006 World Cup, pick? Huge gamble.

Hopefully he practices well and Luke doesn't do a Mark James and hang him out to dry by waiting until the Singles for his first match.

(I may have got carried away with my comparisons here 🤭 )

Springveldt

Visit site
Just had a quick read, world amateur no 1 at some point, US college player of the year and then a win at the weekend, that’s some cv already.
Think he was player of the year twice, as Luke said on the YouTube stream the only guys who compared to him on the college scene in the last 20 years are Rahm and Hovland. He’s going to be a top 10 player in the world pretty soon and a fixture of this event for years.
He’s got an amazing swing, hits it miles and his irons are ridiculously good. I was hoping he would get picked from back in June, get him the experience early as he’s going to play in a load of them.

I also like the Hojgaard pick as Europe really needs to blood some younger guys that are the future. Again he was one I was hoping would make it.

Springveldt

Visit site
Is Aberg the Theo Walcott, 2006 World Cup, pick? Huge gamble.

Hopefully he practices well and Luke doesn't do a Mark James and hang him out to dry by waiting until the Singles for his first match.

(I may have got carried away with my comparisons here 🤭 )
With the way he drives the ball and flushes his irons I think he may play more than people think.