Ryder Cup 2023 - Italy

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’d rather see Moronk in the team than out of form Rob Mac. Don't know if Rob Mac was out of order whilst Moronk was getting ready for his put on the 18th. I’ll watch it again but it looked like he was intentionally trying to put him off.
You’re looking into something that’s not there, I was watching live and there was nothing untoward.
Meronk will be going in my opinion anyway, we haven’t that many options 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm also expecting both Meronk and MacIntyre to be in. The 12th man could be anyone he feels like picking I guess, but I have a feeling it will go to Noren as he at least has experience of going before, and on a year that we won.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Meronk, MacIntyre, Straka, Noren, is probably the favourite betting at this stage. Agree Noren has the advantage over any fourth newbie if the first three are in. At least have experience from one of the Weak Four.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Fitz the Elder is probably breathing a little easier now and can be hopeful of a pick. I kinda think he is in now.
Meronk seems that bad, though quite why clearly so ahead of Paul eludes me - what their thinking there.
The last of the weak four is still anybody's guess, even Donald's, but in truth, probably doesnt make much difference which one of a handful he goes for. If Aberg is as cool a customer as he claims, that could be a reason to go for him rather than one of the last men in who have been busting a gut to be there but that internal hype might cause them implode when actually in the gladiator's arena itself.

babylonsinger

Visit site
Macintyre seemed to be badly affected by the pressure. Ominous sign although hopefully he relaxes once he's in.

Like Straka and think he's good season in America should be rewarded. Feel Aberg is perhaps too much too soon but he's certainly giving a great account of himself here

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think Bob Mac might do a Fitzpatrick.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but he doesn’t do anything to convince me he won’t get soundly beaten.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think Bob Mac might do a Fitzpatrick.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but he doesn’t do anything to convince me he won’t get soundly beaten.
For someone looking to punch his ticket for Rome it was a very ordinary display from him....looked like a startled rabbit at times...

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Bob will be lucky to play one game before Sunday.

But the worm turns, and certainly recent mood momentum is with Europe even if USA still has the full deck of stars.
Hovland has become really top rank and is in prime form. Straka came reasonably good through the summer and can see him doing well in fourball. And Aberg, if nothing else, gives a serious hope boost, and maybe even more substance to back it up than Fitz or Hovland last outing. He also makes Donalds pick choice easier, less open to second thinking, external criticism, or worry Aberg might blow up in his face. Temptations for Noren or left field Harringtons are removed from the table for him.

USA have Harmon and Clark as late break ins into what would have probably have looked a more stellar team without them. And they have made the mistake of picking JT just for the chest pumps and beer chugging, when his golf is nowhere near the level. They will likely not play him a second time on Fri or Sat after he loses his first match.

All roads lead to Rome with optimism.

D

Deleted member 21445

The European Team Is

McIlroy
Rahm
Hovland
Hatton
Fleetwood
Fitzpatrick
Lowry
Rose
Straka
N Hojgaard
MacIntyre
Aberg

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I reckon Meronk will go instead of Hojgaard, they need to revert both teams to 10 qualifiers and two picks.

A few people seem confident that Meronk isn’t going, and has been told.

Doesn’t add much credibility to the European Tour standings, when effectively the best European performer doesn’t make the Ryder Cup.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the USA the Ryer Cup is a putting competition, in Europe its a tee shot competition, and looking at the rough at Marco Simone, this year will be no different.

Still one of the best sporting events in the calendar. Can't wait.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Aberg looks like a guy with huge ability and potential and current form says his game is hot but with just 70 odd days of form (& Pro experience) maybe this RC is just too soon

I mean he’s so new that its entirely possible he hasn’t even met all the players that’ll make up the rest of the team

D

Deleted member 15344

A few people seem confident that Meronk isn’t going, and has been told.

Doesn’t add much credibility to the European Tour standings, when effectively the best European performer doesn’t make the Ryder Cup.

The best European Performer is MacIntrye who is on the team , then it’s Paul

And there is a Twitter account claiming Meronk isn’t being picked

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aberg looks like a guy with huge ability and potential and current form says his game is hot but with just 70 odd days of form (& Pro experience) maybe this RC is just too soon

I mean he’s so new that its entirely possible he hasn’t even met all the players that’ll make up the rest of the team

Googles Aberg and Meronk 🤔🤣