Ryder Cup 2021

HeftyHacker

Visit site
This evening is the first Ryder Cup I've really watched and I'm absolutely loving it so far! Crowd might not be to everyone's cup of tea but they're creating a great atmosphere and the players seem to be revelling in it.

Those three tee shots into the par 3 by rahm, Hatton and BDC were outrageous!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The absence of European support is really taking the shine off this for me. Some great golf, mainly from the Americans it must be said, but the European team just seem totally flat and uninspired. So far, as a sporting spectacle, this has not been a good watch.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Somehow I don't think it will have any affect on the result of this year's match.

Damage limitation job already.
The USA have (generally) performed poorly for years now, with captains without a pair persisting with an underperforming old guard, Tiger, Phil etc. Sticker's picks look to be inspirational and while I would never say never, it doesn't look good.
The thing is it with the pool of sensational young golfers at his disposal it was never going to be too difficult a task.

If nothing else this RC will see the end of Europe's old guard, Poulter, Westwood, Casey et al. The bigger problem is the young replacements are all on the ET where they struggle to gain WR points, while the old guard are on the PGA Tour accruing them while not exactly tearing up tree stumps.

Weisberger is a good example of this. He got on the team in last place via the ET, yet is performing as well as any of them.

The ET need a new plan, more picks, perhaps.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Point being Paddy has a team made up of John Rahm carrying a bunch of badly out of form players who couldn't rediscover their form when most needed.

Lots of aging talent who creep into the team , the yanks have all the up and coming superstars it seems ..

Johnson is their eldest no?

We have Westwood, Casey, Garcia , poulter all as important parts of our team .. maybe it's one cup too many for them