Ryder Cup 2021

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
4 hours, that's nuts!!! What does he do when he has an 8am tee time?

Nothing too weird it seems, he just prefers to be on site rather than back at hotel
I. E like everyone else he'll have a meal, exercise, warm up
A 90 minute slot for practice which I thought was high but I suppose that includes putting and thinking on I spent 75 minutes practicing this morning and wasn't even playing... Maybe I'm ready to go on tour ?

Barking_Mad

Visit site
My take from Koepka's comments were more about him not seeing the changes as a challennge and an opportunity to excel at something different, but rather a hurdle he'd rather not have to deal with. Which is great. (y)

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
If you had to predict the next five US captains who would they be? Say it’s Tiger, Phil and maybe Zach J after where on earth do they go from there? Couples has missed the boat and then you’re into the territory of Dustin and Bubba which, for a multitude of different reasons, seems unfathomable

Am I missing someone obvious?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
If you had to predict the next five US captains who would they be? Say it’s Tiger, Phil and maybe Zach J after where on earth do they go from there? Couples has missed the boat and then you’re into the territory of Dustin and Bubba which, for a multitude of different reasons, seems unfathomable

Europe team captain gossip is Westwood then stenson then.......?

Seems to be just as thin here

Edit : I actually don't think either side has been or will be short of options

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Really? I thought we had the opposite problem - Westwood, Poulter, McDowell, Garcia, Stenson etc

sunshine

Visit site

I dunno... Kuchar, Cink, Bubba, JB Holmes? Some of them seem unlikely. Maybe in ten years there will be a different perspective on these people, maybe it will be time for Reed then.

On the Europe side there seems to be a long list of captains in waiting, not sure there will be room for everyone out of Westwood, Stenson, Garcia, Jimenez, Donald, McDowell, Kaymer, Rose, Poulter, Casey.

evemccc

Visit site

What would be unfathomable about DJ?

He's not the most loquacious type, but apart from that?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
What would be unfathomable about DJ?

He's not the most loquacious type, but apart from that?

If he does fancy it then brilliant, can’t imagine in a million years he’d want to. It’s borderline genius how little he gives away in any interview, not sure that would work as a Ryder Cup captain

sunshine

Visit site
I'd like to see Koepka as US captain. He's have comfy sofas in the team room and tell everyone to have a nap between matches.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Brooksy’s good to go…

“I’ll be there. I’m good to go,” Koepka told Golfweek in a text message. “I’m feeling good. Been doing my rehab, doing everything I need to do to be ready for the Cup. I’ll be there ready to play.”

Koepka hit a tree root while playing a shot on East Lake’s 10th hole in the third round of the TOUR Championship. Unable to grip a club, he withdrew two holes later.

“When I hit the root I thought it was a stinger and my wrist was feeling weird,” he told Golfweek. “I lost feeling to my elbow for a bit. Feeling came back from my elbow to mid-forearm two minutes later, but from mid-forearm to hand was kinda numb.

“The MRI showed us some stuff and just making sure it’s calmed down and got everything worked out,” he said. “Grip pressure has gotten back to normal. Some ice, some rest, some soft tissue work and some rehab and we’re good to go.”

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Brooksy’s good to go…

“I’ll be there. I’m good to go,” Koepka told Golfweek in a text message. “I’m feeling good. Been doing my rehab, doing everything I need to do to be ready for the Cup. I’ll be there ready to play.”

Koepka hit a tree root while playing a shot on East Lake’s 10th hole in the third round of the TOUR Championship. Unable to grip a club, he withdrew two holes later.

“When I hit the root I thought it was a stinger and my wrist was feeling weird,” he told Golfweek. “I lost feeling to my elbow for a bit. Feeling came back from my elbow to mid-forearm two minutes later, but from mid-forearm to hand was kinda numb.

“The MRI showed us some stuff and just making sure it’s calmed down and got everything worked out,” he said. “Grip pressure has gotten back to normal. Some ice, some rest, some soft tissue work and some rehab and we’re good to go.”
Sorry.. I thought you were on about Bryson...:unsure::LOL:

D

Deleted member 15344

Well it’s the start of IMO the second best week in golf ( just behind Open Week)

It all starts with the “How the Ryder Cup was won” repeats on Sky that I have seen that many times I can’t count but still watch ??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm hoping @MarkT can post up the GM link but the European Team have just posted pictures of the players with other half's, plus one of the women on their own, plus Hovland and Fitzpatrick. I am guessing they are both single. They are grinning like Cheshire Cats, Hovland even more so in another picture released. GM have posted them on their FB site. Fun pictures.