Rory out of PGA

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just announced that he's pulled out after a recurrence of the rib injury...
Thought as much when he announced it after the first round last week...

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Shame.
Hope he's not going to be plagued by injuries through his career.
Still the best player to watch when on form for me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Genuinely don't know if this is the case but Rory, like Tiger, has an incredibly aggressive swing that must put huge stresses on his body. Could these injuries be related or is he just being unlucky at the moment?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Gutted about this! Not only as Im a big fan and wish him a quick recovery but I've got tickets to go!

Looks like it'll be Rose and Stenson I'll be chasing around.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A shame, certainly for the ET and their show case event. He seems to be getting a number of injuries and you have to question whether it's his gym regime, or the swing is putting to much strain on the body

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree with the gym workouts and injury, you e got to wonder if they're linked. A number of the guys who hit the gym seem to get injured but DJ has to fall down a flight of stairs and he's right as rain a few weeks later.....

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Genuinely don't know if this is the case but Rory, like Tiger, has an incredibly aggressive swing that must put huge stresses on his body. Could these injuries be related or is he just being unlucky at the moment?

i know a guy who works in golf bio mechanics and he predicted tigers problems. he has said that rory will be finished by 40 with his current swing

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wonder if he'll have to schedule another event in now to make his quota. Not sure he'll get away with another 'Rory exemption' as he has missed this one with plenty of time to fit another one in.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm thinking about sticking some money on him never winning another major. Hope I'm wrong but he doesn't fill me with optimism the way he did 3 or 4 years ago.

Nor me.

He should have left his body alone, why he thought that he needed to look like a body builder I never know.

He was a long hitter and a class act just the way he was.