PGA Championship

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Madness that it’s not a penalty drop. Whatever the technicalities of the rules are, there’s no way my mates or playing partners are letting me take a free drop above the lip of the bunker I’ve just bladed a bunker shot into the back of… 😂
Its isnt a technicality. Its simply the rule. Until a few years ago it was a penalty, but correctly amended to what we saw there.

Swango1980

Visit site
Madness that it’s not a penalty drop. Whatever the technicalities of the rules are, there’s no way my mates or playing partners are letting me take a free drop above the lip of the bunker I’ve just bladed a bunker shot into the back of… 😂
That's because your mates don't know the rules :)

TigerBear

Visit site
With Tiger finally gone, and Michelson past it, Koepka becomes the real top dog over McIlroy - the highest majors winning player currently in the game.
Forget OWGR - thats for the lesser beings. Majors are the real measure.
Life still left in the old cat :unsure:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Way to bounce back from the Masters choke. Pity himself and Rory cant go for a friendly coffee.
Brooks joins Ballesteros on 5. I would say he will get one more.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Way to bounce back from the Masters choke. Pity himself and Rory cant go for a friendly coffee.
Brooks joins Ballesteros on 5. I would say he will get one more.
I think he'll get to 7 at least if he has no serious injuries. He's the Jack Reacher of golf! :D

And he doesn't need to worry about his OWGR status for the next few years.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Good tournament, not excellent, but there was enough going on (on course & off) to make it enjoyable viewing.

⚫ With the designated events, the presence of the LIV rebels provides a nice distinction for the Majors
⚫ What's with the coverage - did they put the CW production team in charge? People tune in to watch the golf, show the golf when there's golf on the course!
⚫ Koepka owned his Masters 'meltdown', much to the chagrin of McGinley et al who declared Thursday that publicly stating this was a massive mistake.
⚫ Koepka is very good at Golf, never been a fan, but after watching Full Swing (albeit edited), he had mental demons to overcome and seemingly was surrounded by people who couldn't help him.
⚫ Great tournament by Rose - couldn't help but think to myself 'that's a future LIV alumni right there'. Post Ryder Cup of course!
⚫ Who was the last winner of a Major who wasn't a PGAT member?
⚫ Scheffler is impressive. Smith is impressive. DeChambeau is impressive. Rahm will be back, as will DJ etc. I'm absolutely okay with watching these guys play their respective tours and then compete 4 times a year. I can watch strong designated fields and good players on LIV.
⚫ Kitayama, Davis and Straka probably justify some acknowledgement.
⚫ The course & conditions - 11 players under par, 9 under wins it. Rain, wind, tough rough etc. - it was a Major & it actually sort of felt like it.
⚫ Block - truly impressive....but unpopular opinion, he's not for me.
⚫ McIlroy - Cold pre-tournament interview, top 10 finish, no where near his best, more engaging post-tournament interview (self deprecating Brooks vibes). You know what, I genuinely think he'll climb the mountain again, it'll just take a while.

sjw

Visit site
Agreed. He slammed the ball in there, and he gets to just remove it? Seems crazy to me. I know, I know, "those are the rules." Doesn't make it any less surprising.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed. He slammed the ball in there, and he gets to just remove it? Seems crazy to me. I know, I know, "those are the rules." Doesn't make it any less surprising.
It was embedded though, in grass not sand. So what else was he supposed to do? The rules say you get a free drop from an embedded/plugged ball.