PGA Championship

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Well the PGA Championship is almost upon us, who are we thinking will lift the title this week…..

Always hard to look past Rahm but as a slight outsider I think Cameron Smith might get the job done if he can keep his putter hot.

Rory again always has a chance, but he needs to keep a clear head and just concentrate on the golf.

Here’s hoping for an exciting few days 😀

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well the PGA Championship is almost upon us, who are we thinking will lift the title this week…..

Always hard to look past Rahm but as a slight outsider I think Cameron Smith might get the job done if he can keep his putter hot.

Rory again always has a chance, but he needs to keep a clear head and just concentrate on the golf.

Here’s hoping for an exciting few days 😀
You win nothing with the putter, haven’t you read the driver v putter thread 🤪

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Might do a bit of spread betting on a few LIV guys for an each way position - some of whom will be inaccurately long odds.
I'd like to see Rory win it, even though he gets right on my tatties for being the whining voice of Jay, he desperately needs a big win for his confidence - and in a Ryder Cup year, Team Europe will need him in form more than ever, and for the same RC reasoning I'd be happy to see Rahm win it.

Scottie and Xander are up there in the betting markets from the PGAT/USA camp, but I don't know, it feels to me like there isn't enough competition on the PGA Tour at the moment - and I'm not sure how sharp these boys will be?

If we get an English guy near the top of the leaderboard, it will be Tyrell - which should provide some entertainment.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just hope it don’t turn into another LIV players v the rest of the world story. It’s the PGA, my money is on Rahm

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It's not LIV versus the PGA or any other tour, it's a Major so everyone for themselves.

Indeed. And when the big suit from the PGA was talking up the divide last week, talk of LIV versus is inevitable.

The best player over the weekend will win, and hopefully it’s a popular winner.👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Just hope it don’t turn into another LIV players v the rest of the world story. It’s the PGA, my money is on Rahm

It was always going to turn into LIV Vs the Rest the minute the split happened.

Any event that happens with them coming together will be viewed as a competition between the two with the sides looking to use the majors to justify a stance

I don't mid who wins. i just prefer the winner to be:
- English,
- or British,
- or European,
- or RoW,
- or a Yank

In that order
It’s always that way

Will always want to see Rory win majors but would be brilliant if Hatton can make the step up , and this course is suited to him

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgot that was on. Probably the least interesting major and I've got a busy weekend so won't be able to watch much anyway. Might stick a few pennies on Koepka, fancy him after his Masters performance.

evemccc

Visit site
Definitely it’s the ‘worst’ major for me and I think for many or likely most of the players - probably it’s also on the least interesting courses too

AussieKB

Visit site
This is the Major that should be moved out of the US and just called the PGA, so can be played all around the world, but that is not going to happen, as far as the US is concerned golf does not exist anywhere else.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
This is the Major that should be moved out of the US and just called the PGA, so can be played all around the world, but that is not going to happen, as far as the US is concerned golf does not exist anywhere else.
#yawn

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
There’s no question it’s the least interesting major, certainly for most, but don’t be surprised to see them reporting record tv viewers this weekend.

D

Deleted member 15344

but true..
Why is it true ?

If anything it’s prob the strongest field of the 4 majors if it’s not the most exclusive

A major becomes one over time due to its history and significance over those years

You don’t just pick it up and move it to another country when it’s governing by a sporting body that isn’t based around the world.

The US is the biggest golf market and it’s not a surprise that 3 of the majors are based there. If they do make another one then it really should be based around Scotland due to history