2024 PGA Championship

Barking_Mad

Visit site
IIRC the cop claimed he was dragged 10 yards before Scheffler stopped his vehicle, yet the footage shows him running after Scheffler, who then stops before the officer then throws himself at Scheffler's window. Only then do other cops turn up. The only thing likely to be bruised about the copper is his poor uneducated ego.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
IIRC the cop claimed he was dragged 10 yards before Scheffler stopped his vehicle, yet the footage shows him running after Scheffler, who then stops before the officer then throws himself at Scheffler's window. Only then do other cops turn up. The only thing likely to be bruised about the copper is his poor uneducated ego.
Yeah, I can't see any of these charges sticking now. The cop looks like an absolute fool.

Swango1980

Visit site
I read he failed to turn his bodycam on (i.e default that its off until such time he starts a 'job')

no idea what is proper process
Well, whatever it is, he didn't follow it.

BBC says the officer has now been disciplined for not activating his camera.

If it does turn out that Scheffler isn't guilty of the charges thrown at him, I wonder what message that sends. Is it lucky that it was Scheffler that it happened to, as it made the case very high profile. Whereas, if it had been a regular member of the public, could they have easily fought against bogus charges? How many members of the public get charged by over zealous officers, and are unable to defend themselves against that level of authority. I also wonder how often officers fail to activate bodycams?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

If it does turn out that Scheffler isn't guilty of the charges thrown at him, I wonder what message that sends. Is it lucky that it was Scheffler that it happened to, as it made the case very high profile. Whereas, if it had been a regular member of the public, could they have easily fought against bogus charges? How many members of the public get charged by over zealous officers, and are unable to defend themselves against that level of authority. I also wonder how often officers fail to activate bodycams?
Scottie's lucky he isn't black or they probably would've shot him.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trouble is, you can only see what happens when the 'action' is in the background. Cant see what happens prior to this when everything is obscured by the parked vehicles. Scottie may well be perfectly innocent. Or he may have run over the policeman's cat/foot/mother. Who knows. Like much online footage, it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

The moment that doesn't happen the case instantly starts to wobble. If you don't follow procedure then there is a huge hole in the case. Don't follow procedure that is designed to protect both parties, that becomes a chasm. I'd be expecting any judge to kick the case out at that point (but then I'm not a judge :LOL: )

Swango1980

Visit site
The moment that doesn't happen the case instantly starts to wobble. If you don't follow procedure then there is a huge hole in the case. Don't follow procedure that is designed to protect both parties, that becomes a chasm. I'd be expecting any judge to kick the case out at that point (but then I'm not a judge :LOL: )
I wonder if any of his colleagues had their on, that might have captured some of what went on?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Whilst I think you're being a little harsh on NLU, I absolutely agree that since it has become a full time social media monster, it has completely lost the thing that made it special. It is now simply a golf media news outlet, much like the Golf Channel.

sunshine

Visit site
Whilst I think you're being a little harsh on NLU, I absolutely agree that since it has become a full time social media monster, it has completely lost the thing that made it special. It is now simply a golf media news outlet, much like the Golf Channel.
Golf media news + made up tittle tattle disguised as insider information

We see it all the time with football. When a tabloid journalist starts mentioning “sources” it gives them carte blanche to make stuff up to get attention.

Fore Right

Visit site
KVV on the No Laying Up podcast said there are rumours that the Police have an audio recording of the event.

They will only take this to trial surely if that recording shows something in the prosecutions favour?