Random Irritations

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have never liked him as a comedian/ty personality, but having met and spoke to him in a lift a little while ago..he is actually quite nice.

he is now moving back from America and bought an £8m (or that sort of price) derelict house with pool house and some stonehenge type stones in the garden that are protected. And has planning for a total new build - is just outside Wargrave on the Henley side of town

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Carpark fees:

Which ever borough council it is decides to lease their car park(s) to which ever company (RingGo etc etc) to save money. RingGo then remove all pay machines (saves money / risks / repairs / people to empty them etc ) - the man have the ball-axe to charge a payment fee for paying by the app.

How else am I meant to pay …

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Too much tech in cars…

I just had a narrow escape. BMW has all the usual stuff. As I was coming down the road at about 20-30 and gaining speed. The other side has cars queued up and stationary.
I was approaching a small bend in the road, I think there was a traffic cone on the pavement.

So in the eyes of my car, it thought I would be ramming the side of the car on the opposite side. Flipping collision detection got triggered and slammed the brakes!!! All the dash turned red.. I had my hands on the wheel and held on to dear life. The car came to a stop in the middle of the road.

I could see the fear in the eye of the driver who was on the other side. I am sure he saw the same too in my eyes. Alsolutely no idea what happened. Luckily the guy behind me was at distance away and we all went our merry way.

I am sure all these tech is there for a reason but my first experience of things going wrong. I am not looking to sit in a self driving car soon

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Carpark fees:

Which ever borough council it is decides to lease their car park(s) to which ever company (RingGo etc etc) to save money. RingGo then remove all pay machines (saves money / risks / repairs / people to empty them etc ) - the man have the ball-axe to charge a payment fee for paying by the app.

How else am I meant to pay …
But on the plus side they have also got rid of the parking wardens. Not cost effective.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Too much tech in cars…

I just had a narrow escape. BMW has all the usual stuff. As I was coming down the road at about 20-30 and gaining speed. The other side has cars queued up and stationary.
I was approaching a small bend in the road, I think there was a traffic cone on the pavement.

So in the eyes of my car, it thought I would be ramming the side of the car on the opposite side. Flipping collision detection got triggered and slammed the brakes!!! All the dash turned red.. I had my hands on the wheel and held on to dear life. The car came to a stop in the middle of the road.

I could see the fear in the eye of the driver who was on the other side. I am sure he saw the same too in my eyes. Alsolutely no idea what happened. Luckily the guy behind me was at distance away and we all went our merry way.

I am sure all these tech is there for a reason but my first experience of things going wrong. I am not looking to sit in a self driving car soon
X-trail is the same, scares the bejesus out of me and the Mrs when it happens!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Election Q… I see a few MPs who have stepped down or taken down thus triggering a by-election. what happens to those guys who win byelction when a general election is called. Do they have contest it again? So if I became an MP in (say) Jan, do I have recontest if GE in June?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Election Q… I see a few MPs who have stepped down or taken down thus triggering a by-election. what happens to those guys who win byelction when a general election is called. Do they have contest it again? So if I became an MP in (say) Jan, do I have recontest if GE in June?
Yes.