Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pants? Like underwear? 🤣
I forgot to put my lycra running bottoms in my bag before I left the house 🤦🏻
As in sweatpants or running pants.. can't call them trousers, that's what you wear to work? Ha. I dunno what you call them, but like very thinning running bottoms I was on about, I wear them all winter for late night footy. Yeah the leggings might have helped.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s like a random illness thread now 🤣

The burns from last nights football pitch kept me awake for most of the night, I ended up with one leg hanging out of the bed.
I’m tempted to get one of those elastic bandages to put around it but I fear it may stick to the wound 😱

There must be something like the cyclists use for road rash? It looks like a kind of porous netting type material.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Timewasters on A Place in the Sun.

Yesterday was a new high (or low) depending on how you look at it. Welsh couple want a studio or a 1 bed flat in Spain. They see a studio, say it's 10/10 from the outside, but then decide a studio is too small for them. They then see 4 1 beds, reject the first 3 for various daft reasons, then the last one they "fall in love with". It's a beautiful ultra modern apartment, everything is "perfect". It's at the top of their budget, but that's fine.

They meet up with the presenter next morning, she asks if they are ready to make an offer? "Actually" they say, "we've decided we want a 2 bed now".

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Also, some of the "cars" are piggin' huge!!!! I was having a bit of a browse at some on Saturday. Good grief, where do people live that need such monsters?
They are. And ridiculously so. But I have a small car, a Mazda MX5. The doors are really long so it's really difficult to get out or in when in the ridiculously small spaces.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mrs H has a long standing medical condition which, when it flares up, can be very debilitating. Her last serious flare up was 18 years ago, at which time her weight dropped to just over 5st and her hair came out in clumps. She can, quite literally, spend most of every hour throwing up. At its worst she can’t even keep water down.

Although she’s had the odd mini flare up, usually a couple of days, in the last 18 years, it’s been manageable. We’re now 4 weeks into the current one, 1.5st lighter. Starting to get very worried.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure whether this should've gone in this thread or in Things That Gladden The Heart, but I think that I've found one reason that car insurance premiums are so high. Mrs Colch got her car delivered back to her a couple of days ago after the insurance company wrote it off as "Drivable Total Loss" and classed it as a Cat N write off. They increased their offer so she'll now be getting £3250 plus the car back. The damage was to the passenger door and damaged the handle meaning the door couldn't be opened. We've had our friendly mechanic have a look at it and he's said that to get the part, fix the handle and put the car through a new MOT will be £150. Even assuming that if we took it to a garage, rather than through a friend, it would be double that, why are the insurance company writing off a car and paying out when it could be fixed so cheaply?

NearHull

Visit site
Insurance costs - another story.

Around 10 years ago, a local scroat had one too many and drove his car into our parked car causing a small amount of repairable damage. But he also knocked down part of the front garden wall. The assessor estimated £800 to repair the wall and asked us to arrange the repair , passing on the £800. A local tradesman offered to rebuild it on a Saturday morning for £80 + materials. The bricks were reusable and the bags of cement and sand were less than £15. I provided the water for free. I gave him £150 for the work.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure whether this should've gone in this thread or in Things That Gladden The Heart, but I think that I've found one reason that car insurance premiums are so high. Mrs Colch got her car delivered back to her a couple of days ago after the insurance company wrote it off as "Drivable Total Loss" and classed it as a Cat N write off. They increased their offer so she'll now be getting £3250 plus the car back. The damage was to the passenger door and damaged the handle meaning the door couldn't be opened. We've had our friendly mechanic have a look at it and he's said that to get the part, fix the handle and put the car through a new MOT will be £150. Even assuming that if we took it to a garage, rather than through a friend, it would be double that, why are the insurance company writing off a car and paying out when it could be fixed so cheaply?

Not sticking up for insurance at all but we all know how much garages inflate the costs when it's insurance.

Plus the cost of a hire vechile added to the thing

I had the smallest knock once, a learner came round the corner. Just knocked the car (could even see on dash cam the car bearly moved) but her instructor wanted to go through insurance. Fair enough

I'd got a quote from a garage for the damage £300 .. so really not a lot of damage , but he insisted on insurance (which is his right to do ofc) so when the insurance told me the entire cost to put down on my next claim it cost them £1500 just for my sides ... (Does include a week's hire car but still)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Humble ingredients in Masterchef - chicken breast, pork fillet, scallops.

Just watched it. Ridiculous when you have all that time to prepare a dish with that brief. At least the lentils and eggs cooks got straight through and the idiot with the scallops crashed and burned (literally)!!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at my old Win 10 laptop and then my new Win 11 laptop and wondering how in the name of all that is Holy do I migrate everything from the old to the new without anything changing, being lost or being forgotten!
If only they could talk to one another.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking at my old Win 10 laptop and then my new Win 11 laptop and wondering how in the name of all that is Holy do I migrate everything from the old to the new without anything changing, being lost or being forgotten!
If only they could talk to one another.
Is User State Migration Tool not still a thing? If not there are numerous migration utilities available for this.